Chances at stanford,caltech,mit,harvard,princeton,berkeley

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Chances at stanford,caltech,mit,harvard,princeton,berkeley
By Adithyasm (Adithyasm) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 05:19 am: Edit

i am an indian.i am preparing for the indian institute of technology joint entrance exam.i am studying at the best institute in my state and it is one of the best in the whole country.i got 4th rank in my 10th standard(in whole school).in my college i am in the top 10%(of about 300 students).i have taken the SAT my scores are as following

SAT 760(math) 650(verbal)
SAT subjects 800(physics) 800(math 2 C) 800(math 1C).i am taking the sat 2 writing exam in this december,toefl 280/300.essay 6/6
i am expecting a score around 750 in the writing exam.

my stats
1)got selected for the regional level maths olympiad in the tenth standard.(about 10 people were selected from about 10000 students)
i got selected in mega study circle(it gives coaching for indian institute of technology exam).it is one of the toughest exams .more than 20 thousand people from all over the country write the exam out of which about 250 students are selected.i was selected through this exam.i got selected in the screening exam of the indian institute of technology.but i didnt get in through the mains exam so i am preparing again for the exam(i havent joined anywhere because i want to get into indian institute of technology or any institute better than that)
2)have done some computer related courses
relating to hardware and software.like
3)Msoffice,photoshop,operating in linuxetc
4)assembling computers(i have assembled nearly 50 computers for my relatives and friends etc.)
5)i have done community work like arranging for puja pandalsetc(i have been doing it for the past four years)
i am also in the youth association which does all these works.
6)I have also played football(as extra)in my school team.
i would like to know my chances of getting into
stanford,caltech,mit,harvard,princeton,berkeley,
brown.also tell me in which of these universities am i likely to get financial aid and in which university am i likely to get more aid relatively.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page