Which is better? Wash U. or Northwestern?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Which is better? Wash U. or Northwestern?
By Willis (Willis) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:37 am: Edit

Hey ppl. I'm wondering which is a better school. Washington Univ in St. Louis, or NOrthwestern Univ. Both are great schools, my sis went the northwestern, my good friend went to wash u. But as far as overall experience, which do you ppl think is better?

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:59 am: Edit

What is your major? Interests?

Northwestern, overall, has more academic prestige than WashU. Yeah, WashU's significance on the U.S. News ranking has shocked the entire nation as it proceeds beyond Columbia and Northwestern. WashU has a notorious reputation of sending out pamphlets advertising their school and waitlisting EVERYBODY. I don't like how they sell the school, but hey, it's capitalism.

You have to visit both schools for a feel. For me, NU is closer to home and Evanston has a more metropolitan feeling. I love Chicago and "L" train. I just wish NU was more diverse this year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page