Inform me about SAT II's please.....!?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Inform me about SAT II's please.....!?!
By Wunderkind__Not (Wunderkind__Not) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:23 pm: Edit

I was wondering, when one sends an SAT II score in, must one send all of the scores for that subject even if they are better or worse. e.g.,
Say I got a 700 on Math Ic, I retake it and get a 750, I retake it again and get a 1590. Do I have to send all my scores like with the SAT's or can I pick my best and send them???

By Drfunk (Drfunk) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 09:31 pm: Edit

all are sent

By Wunderkind__Not (Wunderkind__Not) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

So why are people taking them over about 3 or 4 times when every score was in the 750+ range. Wont that look bad?

By Radiostar (Radiostar) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

I'd imagine that it depends. Retaking with good scores like those certainly makes them look perfectionistic - this could be good (This kid strives only for the best!) or bad (This kid is neurotic and uptight!).

To me, anything over a 750 isn't worth retaking. The statistical difference between a 750 and an 800 is so negligible that, the way I see it, I probably won't be rejected for that. No, they'll probably reject me because I'm just a terrible person.

Everybody's different, though. A friend of mine got a 1590 on his SAT and is retaking it for the 1600. Whatever floats his boat.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page