Interested in business...I own a biz...and 1470 SAT..Penn?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Interested in business...I own a biz...and 1470 SAT..Penn?
By Jason Toff on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Now I realize there is no right or wrong answer to this, but I'm wondering what you people think. I am a Junior thinking about colleges and have the following stats:
SATS: 1470 (780M, 690V)
PSATS: 1520 (780M,740V) and 690 Writing
this gives me a 221 psat index score so im at least a national merit semi-finalist i guess
GPA is about 4.6 weighted, I've taken all highest classes possible (Honors/AP) except for Gifted Chemistry last year....that drop of chemistry took my class rank and threw it down to 25...but thats out of 730 kids.

President of Junior Achievement Club
2nd year as treasurer of Jewish youth group
2 years of FBLA
1 year of french club
national honors society
math league

i've played piano for 7+ years (and i consider myself pretty good)

my main accomplishment is an online business i started by myself last year that has grossed over $10,000. i had other businesses in the past, but none this big.

is there anything i should do? besides the obvious sat IIs and such?

what are my chances at schools like:

NYU, CMU, UPENN(wharton?), etc... how do you think the business will help..or not?

also, should i retake the sats for a higher score than 1470?

By . on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Hey, if you're already doing pretty well in business, just stay in business. You don't need to go to college.

By Jason Toff on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:00 pm: Edit

haha...good point...but silly parents don't agree with that

By lol on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page