Ready to give up

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Ready to give up
By waitingforrejection on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:50 pm: Edit

i am applying to mit, harvard, cornell, brown, bu, and rpi. and after seeing some of these deferred applicants and rejected applicants, i think i just might end up the cc. sad, but oh so true. do colleges really take into consideration that you could just be a horrible test taker? ok, this is so embarressing:
sat: pending jan 2nd.
sat 2:writing-650, IIC:620 (ouch), chem:610 (dbl ouch bc i took ap chem and got an a in the class). has anyone else realized that scores decrease: highest on the first test you took, then slowly decreasing...
have taken: all highest level honors and ap classes
senior year: ap bio, ap stat, physics, calc, ap calc, ap environmental science, ap english, french 4
gpa: somewhere around a 4.1...should be around 4.3-ish by the end of the year.
ecs: volleyball (captain), swimming (captain), lacrosse: all three varsity sports for four years, sadd, fbla (1st in regional comp), sga, founded sat study group in school...that later flopped due to lack of time..., national honor roll and all-american scholar (is it useless to list these things???), and volunteer at red cross.
jobs: swim instructor (NBAC-michael phelps's swim team->olympic kid from maryland...their big "claim-to-fame.") as well as an internship with a gynecologist at a hospital (scary-wouldn't recommend it).
and my essay was pretty decent (i think). so is it NO chance because of sat 2s? i am really very bad at taking tests.
ok...have turned into someone i didn't want to sound like: stuck up person boasting about scores and stats....although, i don't think i can really boast per se.
i'll let you all know when i get my rejection letters.

By jason on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:43 pm: Edit

as many people that got 1600s and were rejected, there were lots of ppl with 1100s and 1200s that got into schools due to AA or sports and such.

you're first in your class, and you are obviously active in sports, so u have a chance at the schools you're interested in.

my cousin got into every school he applied (and now goes to harvard) with (only) a 1450....probably because he was from Arizona, so you never know what will happen

By Gregon on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:45 pm: Edit

don't give up, you still have a chance

By bump on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:34 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page