NYU stern chances please

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: NYU stern chances please
By Jacknjill (Jacknjill) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

ok, well
first off, I live in Ankara, Turkey.
I did the IGCSE's but didnt really have 'great' grades...Currently, im takin the IB program with these courses:
Economics High
History High
Physics High
Math methods
English A1 standard
French B

activity wise, i attended TIMUN(Turkish international Model united nations) and THIMUN (The Hague model united nations), and thats about it i guess.

currently, my SAT score is 1250

should i take that SAT2? what is it? why is it important? also, what is the ACT, and is it easier/harder than the SAT?

+ does any one know any good other colleges/universities in the NY area? hows fairly dickenson?

thanks so much
:)

By Jacknjill (Jacknjill) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 12:32 pm: Edit

please people...no one has nothin to say at all?

By Jacknjill (Jacknjill) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 10:37 am: Edit

By Bobby443 (Bobby443) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 03:30 pm: Edit

I didnt like dickenson. Take the satII's, you'll have to if you want to get into NYU...

By Jacknjill (Jacknjill) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 03:47 pm: Edit

which ones in particular? do i have to take all of the SATS 2's? would be taking the full IB diploma really matter? thanks

By Katyawashere (Katyawashere) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

yes, you should take the math SAT2 and writing SAT2, those are usually required for admission. you can also take a third one of your choice. Since you are taking french, the french SAT2 may be a good idea.

to search for colleges, go to collegeboard.com.

the ACT measures more your knowledge than your test taking ability, unlike the SAT 1 which mostly measures how you do well under the pressure of taking a test. For people who arent very good at test taking, the ACT may be a better choice.

By Bobby443 (Bobby443) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

I didnt like dickenson either.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page