I need good news people

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: I need good news people
By Danlev (Danlev) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 09:15 pm: Edit

Hey, I'm applyin to some top places and I need to hear some (true) stories about people who never had a chance of gettin in to these schools but somehow managed to get accepted. I've got plenty of credentials, just got rejected from Yale, and am still applyin to the toughies. I need to stay optimistic. Good news, people....please.

By optimisticgvr on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 09:19 pm: Edit

hmmm... On your next application, in your essays work to make yourself stand out. I think it really helps if you often call the admissions office of the school(s) that you want to attend. I made into Yale I think because I was agressive about getting in. I had a 1200 SAT score. I think if you show them HOW MUCH you really want to go, they will recognize that you'd be a good student and supporter of their school. I really don't know if this helps much, but hopefully it gives you some faith. Good luck!!

By iot on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 09:57 pm: Edit

What are your credentials, I can't give you good news if I don't know anything about you.

By Danlev (Danlev) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 07:55 pm: Edit

bump

By mit_hopeful on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:45 pm: Edit

hey optimisticqvr-what did you say or ask them at the admissions office? i really want to go to mit but i don't think my test scores really represent me well-->first time: 1240, december: waiting... but i am ranked first in my class and i have played 3 varsity sports all four years in high school, and some clubs and volunteer work and internships...etc etc. and danlev-i have read A LOT of posts about kids with near perfect or perfect test scores with no ecs that got rejected or deferred. it really depends on who reads your application, and test scores apparently don't mean everything to the admissions boards. good luck!!!

By optimisticgvr on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 10:55 pm: Edit

I know a lady at MIT that you might want to contact. I suggest if you really want to go there, you should call the school and SHOW your interest. I mean Make yourself a familar name. Well gtg, but talk to me and i will give you some more help if you want it. Good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page