Can I get in to Syracues

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Can I get in to Syracues
By Zlovesta1 (Zlovesta1) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 06:40 pm: Edit

I am a Jr. with a 3.1 GPA 28 on my ACT 750 verbal SAT and 320 math(learning Dissabilty :( ). Can I get into Syracuse or should I stick to state schools.

By Briteeyez4322 (Briteeyez4322) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

well first you'll have to spell the college's name right... (jk) have your college counselor include stuff about your learning disability in your recommendation (if you choose to submit your SAT... your ACT scores look good though). how about your courseload and EC's (because while your GPA may not seem that impressive at first glance, if you're overloaded with APs and lots of clubs/volunteering/sports/etc., it could make up for it... i don't personally know a lot about syracuse admissions (other people help me out on this one...)

By Zlovesta1 (Zlovesta1) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 08:32 pm: Edit

My ECs are alright

Varsity track 9-12
JV golf 9-11
Varsity Golf 12
Peer Counsler 11-12
Debate Club 11-12
Basketball 10, 12
Counsler at Leadership camp
Leave no Trace Trainer

By Orangeman167 (Orangeman167) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 08:38 pm: Edit

cuse is lookin for around an 1100 and an 85 average, at least thats what it was when i had my interview with the dean of the business school

By Thewrathofme (Thewrathofme) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 11:13 pm: Edit

How can a learning dissability get u a 320 in math but a 750 in verbal and a 28 on the ACT. Something fishy here(my uncles is a doctor who knows about this and he told me there is no way something like that could ever happen)...something fishy here

By Zlovesta1 (Zlovesta1) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 11:41 pm: Edit

On the ACT you are dont get points minused for guessing. Also you score is baised on more then 2 subjects. But thanks for all your help JERK!

By Thewrathofme (Thewrathofme) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 01:02 pm: Edit

Well apparently you are pretty stupid, cuz there is NO way you get a 28 by guessing all day...JERK...sigh..

By Zlovesta1 (Zlovesta1) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 04:17 pm: Edit

Let me guess man
You have glasess, 40-50 pounds over weight in your high school band?? Went all the way through high school with out dating any girls? Spend alot of time playing star craft or in chat rooms?
I guess it is flattering that you care about me getting in to college enough to accuse me of lying but I would advise you to get a text deleted. --Moderator

By Wunderkind__Not (Wunderkind__Not) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 06:44 pm: Edit

Stop this blasphemy at once!

By Obiwan (Obiwan) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Zlovesta1, dial back the attitude and language at once if you want to stick around this board. Thewrathofme has already been banned for his remarks elsewhere. Abusive language, insults, and derogatory remarks, including those based on race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation are not permitted here.

--Moderator Obiwan

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page