Columbia University Application Status

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Columbia University Application Status
By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Anyone here use Columbia's online tracking system to check their application status? If so, how long does it usually take them to process the information? My counselor sent out the secondary school report a week ago (Friday Oct. 24) but on my status page it still says "not received". Should I be concerned?

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:22 pm: Edit

They will contact you if there is any documents missing, right? They won't just throw your application aside, or do they?

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 01:15 pm: Edit

I called them b/c my school transcripts/recs still say not received & mine were sent on the 21st. They said they have them (they were able to name the teachers who wrote my recs as proof lol) & that they are behind on entering the info. into the comp. Since yours were sent a few days after mine, it's likely that they were just not entered into the comp yet.

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 01:16 pm: Edit

Thanks! that's relieving to hear (I was about to call them too).

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 01:18 pm: Edit

Also, my Part II was sent two days after the secondary school report, but it is already processed. Maybe they leave the transcripts/recommendations for last?

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 01:22 pm: Edit

Me1: how many days did you wait before you called?

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 02:42 pm: Edit

I waited a little over a week.

My part 2 said it was not yet processed, but it says my payment was processed, which my payment & part 2 were sent together, so hopefully I can assume if the payment made it there, part 2 made it there as well. (?) I sent my payment a few days after the recs/transcripts, so yea I guess they don't go in order.

By Yellowcurtain (Yellowcurtain) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 03:23 pm: Edit

How do you even get the ID number to log into one of these? I just sent part I a few weeks ago, and I haven't received anything.

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 04:06 am: Edit

They send you a confirmation email that includes your ID. You mailed your part I a few weeks ago and still haven't received anything?

By Yellowcurtain (Yellowcurtain) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:41 am: Edit

Yeah, I mailed it two weeks ago, and have no heard anything yet... Do you think there's a problem?

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:36 am: Edit

Wait a couple more days, I remember getting my email a little more than two weeks after I sent my stuff. Part I takes a bit longer, it seems like.

By Curious42886 (Curious42886) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 05:41 pm: Edit

Can you track your application online if you do not apply online?

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Yes, you can use the online system regardless of whether you submitted paper or online application.

By Smartncute03 (Smartncute03) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

i used it to check my apps status. It says they have received everything except one of my teachers recs, which was sent out by my counselor with my other rec, the secondary school report, and my transcript. I am kinda worried. I hope they didt lose it. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

Do you know when your counselor sent out those stuff? It's been more than a week already and I'm getting a little restless too.

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:49 pm: Edit

Man, I thought all I had to do was get a 1550 on the SAT and send out my application and I'd be all set. But so much worries along the way, lol.

By Smartncute03 (Smartncute03) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

This is so obnoxious! I called their admissions office but they put me on hold for a loooong time. I finally gave up. Do you think they'd care if i just show up on campus and ask them or would that seem rude and desperate??

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 06:23 am: Edit

If you are gonna show up on campus, at least wait another week or so. The last time I spoke to the admissions office, they claim that they will contact you if anything is missing and I hope they do.

By Smartncute03 (Smartncute03) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 03:42 pm: Edit

Alright they have everything. My counselor called for me today and they said they have my rec, they were just a little slow in processing it. It's kinda weird since everything was mailed out together. eh...at least they have them...now all i am waiting for is the stupid interview.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page