AA is The worst policy on the face of the earth

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: AA is The worst policy on the face of the earth
By against aa on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 04:04 pm: Edit

if people cant get in to a school, it should be their fault, not race related. minorities should have to work just has hard and fight just as much to get things in this world. they are not babies.

By No on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 06:57 pm: Edit

That's right. They do fight just as much. In fact, if it wasn't for AA, they would have to work MUCH harder. White folks are typically ignorant of the barriers minorities still face, since it doesn't concern them...

By Healthy_Body (Healthy_Body) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 09:55 pm: Edit

minorities, as in blacks and hispanics? AA is flawed not only because it makes it easier for underqualified "minorities" to get into school, but also because it doesn't help asians now, does it? There are 3 times as many blacks, 3 times as many hispanics in this country, but asians aren't "minorities" because they aren't "underrepresented", which basically means, they as a population, are smart enough and work hard enough to get into school without AA. Then, they get screwed over because they have to work even harder to get in over other "minority" groups. White people too.

By Jew on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:45 pm: Edit

There are over a billion people who live in China alone! Asians are not a minority!!! Do you want to know who gets shafted? THE JEWS!!! I know that Jews are not a race, but there are 15 million Jews on the whole planet. That is one quarter of a percent of everyone in the world. Up until like the 1950's, Jews were not even admitted to Ivy league colleges! But today, something like 30% of all ivy league students are Jewish. Me being one of them. I didn't get any affirmative action. I didn't need it either, I got in on my own merit. I am not racist by any means, but I agree that blacks should have no excuse to be admitted more easily. They are not a minority by any means. They are just generally not considered to be as intellectual as other groups.

By eww on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:47 pm: Edit

let's not even start with them Jews. they own everything. ugh

By AffirmitiveAssction on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:57 pm: Edit

If there were racial barriers I'd like to see them. Are they invisible?

From what I hear minorities get grade inflation at the ivies and other schools. Proffessors are scared to give them low marks for fear of being racist. Some of my teachers in high school do that too. "Feel bad for me i'm a minority" BLAH. You don't want my pity and I don't want to give it to you.

By Rasterburn on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:58 pm: Edit

-eww-, Moron status has been awarded.
I have no problem with admitting a indivually disadvantaged person with lower scores. However, it should be an individual process--so that while a black who is actually disadvantaged does get a bonus, a black who is not disadvantaged is on a level playing field.

By ? on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 12:08 am: Edit

so does a disadvantaged white get the same bonus as the disadvantaged black?

By yep on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 12:10 am: Edit

in terms of economic status, yes. because the ethnicity box will (hopefully) be eliminated altogether.

By Krazy Kid on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 04:57 am: Edit

There are over a billion people who live in China alone! Asians are not a minority!!!

What does a billion people in China have to do with AA? You are right about Asians not being a minority though in terms of college population that is.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page