Chances at Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Illinois?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Chances at Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Illinois?
By HollaAtMe on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 01:06 am: Edit

I'm an asian american going into engineering. My GPA is 4.0 unweighted (straight A's with a total of 7 or 8 honors and AP classes), 4.15 weighted, ranked 20/385 (top 5.2%), 1310 SAT (740m/570v), varsity football and track, volunteered at a retirement home, leadership with church kids and youth groups, bible study, mentorship with CU-Boulder on an engineering project. Decent essays and recommendation.

What are my chances at Notre Dame (RD), USC, Michigan and Illinois?

Thanks

By Canigetin (Canigetin) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 01:26 am: Edit

Your a shoe in at USC for sure! Keep up the great work!

By Luckyone on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 09:10 am: Edit

Heck, I have lower a gpa and sat score and still got into ND.

By HollaAtMe on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 04:06 pm: Edit

what were your stats and when did you get into ND?

By commadot on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 01:27 am: Edit

you're good at michigan, assuming you applied early. if you apply too late, it doesn't matter what your scores and gpa are.

By Gregon on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 11:16 am: Edit

Hope to see you there.

Future Notre Dame student

By daniel on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 06:57 pm: Edit

You'll get in at USC, despite your lower than average GPA prolly. Last year's frosh class avg. GPA was 1350, but valedictorian will prolly make up for it... than again i think 40% of SC's student class is valedictorian (def. not me, my high SAT saved me)

but anyways it's a great school, getting better every year, 2nd biggest federal endowment (behind harvard), no 1 film, number 4 business, (this doesn't take into account the connections you'll get from all the rich students)

-danny @ usc

fight on

By daniel on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 06:58 pm: Edit

"Last year's frosh class avg. GPA was 1350"

that should say SAT lol my bad

By Um07 (Um07) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 11:18 pm: Edit

As far as Michigan goes, if you are a senior I hope you have already applied. As commadot was saying, addmissions at U-M are really unpredictable when it gets to be this late.

Good Luck!

By Bea420 on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 01:50 am: Edit

You're a shoo-in at U of Illinois

By PrJ on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 02:56 pm: Edit

Hey i want to apply to Notre Dame too, among other universities, but ND is my #1 choice. What are my chances with a 3.8 GPA and a 1300 on my SAT? I am also involved in varsity track, debate, youth in government, i'm a dancer and i've been in a couple of beauty pageants. Somebody please give me their opinion. thanks!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page