Admission into UofM or USC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Admission into UofM or USC
By Uofmrizz (Uofmrizz) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 08:14 pm: Edit

Hello, I'm a sophomore in a competitive high school in Michigan. All of my life it has been my dream to go to the University of Michigan or the University of Southern California. Unfortunately I did not try my hardest my freshman yeah and I did not achieve the grades I would have liked to. But this year is a different story, I'm getting straight A's and taking some honors classes. Could anyone tell me the range of GPA I would need to get into the UofM or USC? Thank you for your help.

By j on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 09:19 pm: Edit

We aren't self centered. It's better for you if you don't know, especially as a sophomore.

If I told you you only need a 1.0 to get in, then you'd stop trying harder and you wouldn't get in.

If I told you that you need a perfect 4.0 unweighted, then you would waste your time asking until someone tells you what you want to hear.

Just keep trying hard in school.

As for your freshman year grades, colleges don't put as much emphasis on them. If they do, try to explain it in your essay that you didn't try hard and you've changed since then.

By Uofmrizz (Uofmrizz) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Thank you so much. I'm Sorry for my comment. As for my grades i will continue to try my hardest. once again thankyou

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page