Univeristy of Akron

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Univeristy of Akron
By nochanceinhell on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 04:53 pm: Edit

I have a 1.7 GPA, and a 17 ACT score can I get in? I do have a 2.5 GPA my junior year. I'm from Indiana.

By R on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Hey.

From what I've seen, you're in the ballpark for the university of akron. Good luck!

-R

By nochanceinhell on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 10:21 pm: Edit

bump anyone else?

By chrisd on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 11:07 am: Edit

I live in northeast Ohio. I think your ACT score would be fine for U of A, not sure about the GPA for an out of state student. What interests you about Akron U?

By user1 on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 02:09 pm: Edit

I live in Akron so I know a bit about the u. They're building like crazy at U of A - new polymer building (they're 1 or 2 in the country in polymer science), new arts and sciences building, new student union (in stages - it's too big), there's a gigantic new recreation center and fieldhouse going up right now, and they're closing streets in order to add acres of green space. National Jurist magazine just ranked Akron Law as number one in the country for value, based on bar passage rates. Oh yeah, and U of A has EJ Thomas Performing Arts Center - a first class stage that gets really good acts/shows/speakers. We have been surprised at the very high quality of the arts in Akron, Ohio! (We've lived in much larger cities and are spoiled. Akron competes in this area). Plus you're only 30 minutes from Lake Erie in downtown Cleveland.

I thought Akron had open enrollment, which I think means they'll give anyone a chance. The campus is getting really pretty, and it's in the center of a smaller city that is being revitalized. We go downtown at night all the time with no real concerns.

By nochanceinhell on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 08:19 pm: Edit

I'm interested in history. And I've heard the same about Akron's Law Program, and since I'm interested in law, the may be something to look into.

By chrisd on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 03:06 pm: Edit

I know Akron U used to have open enrollment. . .may have changed. Kent State has tightened up their admissions, Akron may have also. When you're on the campus, it is easy to forget that you're in the center of Akron. Over the last few years, the campus seemes to have developed its own sense of place. It is still predominantly a commuter school.

By nochanceinhell on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 01:00 am: Edit

I've just visited usnews, and it is reporting that the school has selective addmissions. This is really a bummer, I was really interested in the school too.

By user1 on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 05:49 am: Edit

I think you should all still apply. Our neighbor works there and just the other day we were talking about their open enrollment policy. If they changed their policy, he obviously wasn't aware of it (and he's in a position where he would be). Geez, call admissions and ask!

By nochanceinhell on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 09:49 pm: Edit

I plan to.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page