PLEASE. What are my chances at the following schools?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: PLEASE. What are my chances at the following schools?
By Help Me Please on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 01:49 am: Edit

1270 SAT (630 v, 640 m)
SAT II: 720 Writing, 700 Math IC, 650 US History
AP: 5 US History
5 AP's Senior year
Editor-in-Chief- Yearbook
Gov School
4.0 GPA, top 5%

What chances do I have at NYU, UChicago, Tulane?
I plan to be an Anthropology/ Classics major.

By blah on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 01:51 am: Edit

Which Gov. school? If it's in Ill. or NY, you're in.

By asdad on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 01:52 am: Edit

um...very weak e.c.'s, average test scores (though maybe a little low for UChicago), good GPA

NYU - decent chance
tulane - pack your bags
UChicago - depends on your essays, recs

By Help Me Please on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 01:54 am: Edit

Foreign Affairs at New Jersey

By Reality! on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 01:57 am: Edit

Sorry...you do not have a good chance (10%)

Why?
Low SAT I
Low SAT II
Took one AP exam
Only ONE Leadership position
NO CO-CIRRICULAR ACTIVITES
NO COMMUNITY SERVICE

There, you were rejected in 10 seconds!

Although:
You are towards the top of the class.

Instead apply to a community college and work from there.

By bxcZV on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 02:02 am: Edit

i disagree. a 1270 is good! all of the EC's are good too! hey "Reality!", what did you do in high school? and what did you make on the SAT?

By Help Me Please on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 02:03 am: Edit

I got a 4 in Statistics also, and I've been involved in 4 school plays acting, and 2 stage crew... I'm an officer in French Club, in NHS and ITS. I'm also in Newspaper, on the Academic Team, and volunteer every week. I just thought before to say the important facts.

By dsa on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 03:49 am: Edit

hahah 1270 is good? Not for Chicago. And "all of the EC's are good"? He only had ONE! Fuckin idiot

By uch on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 07:44 am: Edit

My brother got into to u chicago last year with an 1140. He was, however, ranked 3/154 but no special ec's. Chicago is known for being a serious school so I think if you can present yourself as this type of hard working serious student you still got an OK chance. NYU maybe, Tulane you're all set.

By yea on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 06:39 pm: Edit

I agree, it's not all about test scores.

A girl last year got into Tufts with a 1200.

Then again, she's 1/2 African American, 1/2 Korean.

By buenobye on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:55 pm: Edit

this is in regard to "Reality!"'s comment

"Instead apply to a community college and work from there."

A 1270 SAT deserves a community college get real! maybe a 720. maybe an 800. maybe even a 900 although most state schools with accept that. be more realistic. i wish i had a 1270. im off by 90 points. what kind of community colleges do you live by? is it like the harvard of community colleges?

"help me please"...try to find safeties and schools where you'll know you'll be accepted.

By CornellGrad02 on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 03:20 am: Edit

You kids really need to worry about more than your test scores and grades. I got into Stanford, Cornell and UC Berkeley in '98 (and don't try telling me it was that much easier then) with only a 1210 and a 3.8 gpa. I was not a legacy or an athlete. I sold myself as an individual with lots to offer these schools that other students wouldn't have...oh, I also graduated with High Honors and Distinction in Research this last year from Cornell, so don't try telling people that low scores and grades equate to low performance...

good luck to everyone...college is a blast and you'll get over not getting into Harvard or wherever else you're applying when you're puking into the toilet during freshman orientation and getting layed at your first frat party.

peace,

CornellGrad02

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page