Princeton ED Date?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Princeton ED Date?
By ??? on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Is Princeton among the group that lets you know Friday if you got accepted ED or not? First of all, it'd be really know if I got in or not, but I'm also taking the ACTs Saturday. I'd personally rather not take any more standard tests for awhile, I've taken a crapload for all the colleges I'm applying to. So anyone know when Princeton releases their decisions? Their website just says early december. Also, is it all sent via snailmail? Thanks all and good luck to everyone :)

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:21 pm: Edit

Princeton sent out the letters out today via first class mail. It will arrive accordingly. If you live in NJ, you *might* get it tomorrow, most likely on Friday.

By ??? on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:24 pm: Edit

Wow, how'd you find that out? Thanks a lot, nice to know when to expect it. I live in CT, so hopefully Friday will be the day :)

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:32 pm: Edit

It is all over the Princetonreview.com boards. The source is reliable. What are your stats?

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Reading this info, I feel a strange combination of anticipation/dread. *Bangs head on desk

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I know what you mean, I have totally been stressing out. Fish, where are you from, and whatnot?

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:48 pm: Edit

My house is in Rock Hill, but I live at Gov School for the Arts in Greenville, SC. I'm a Chinese native, and the Asian factor'll probably keep me out. *weep* I'd like to think that, anyway, makes me feel better if I think it's my race and not me. What about u?

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:52 pm: Edit

I live in Jackson, NJ. I am a female, applying to physics with a 1520 SAT. I know that Princeton is a reach for me, but I am hoping that my summer programs, activities, essays, and recs will get me in. I know that my recs are phenomenal, my activities are decent, and my essays are very personal.

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:07 pm: Edit

I also have a 1520. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with the other things. I didn't see my recs...but yeah.

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:12 pm: Edit

You are in NC, makes your shot of getting in like 10x higher. For some reason it seems that Princeton doesn't like kids from NJ.

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:13 pm: Edit

**SC rather** I am too much of a special child to be accepted :-)

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:24 pm: Edit

Haha, you're too "special?" Elaborate. Good luck though.

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Special = my refernce to special ed students :-) I often say things that I shouldn't. Did you have an interview? I had one, and it didn't go so well :-(, but I am still holding out hope. What do you intend to major in?

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:34 pm: Edit

I had my interview last Friday over the phone with a lawyer in Rock Hill. I was his only interviewee, which probably contributed to his affability. I'd say it went well, but I dunno. What happened with you?

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Well, it was at my house, which isn't the greatest place in the world. It isn't large and beautiful or anything like that. Also, I was so nervous that I could not stop smiling. By the end of the interview, my cheeck was twitching from smiling so much. My MIT interview was the complete opposite, I was completely relaxed and came off really well. I am not sure of how much the interview actually counts for.

By jerseygal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:53 pm: Edit

I am going to *try* to go to sleep. I'll probably read some Harry Potter :-) Anyway, good luck.

By mike on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 12:02 am: Edit

hey, yeah the interview will not look bad on your application; they just interview you to get a better idea of who you are so they can write a good recommendation for you; that is true, first of all, and secondly, if you just go in with that mentality it will really help; i am applying to all those schools except MIT (no social lives at all) with a 1560 and same boat for ECs essays, etc., but i am different in the fact i have moved three times and been to 5 different schools. I took my interview and we talked for a lot onger than we were supposed to, and i thnk i did a good job cause i just told him about myself, he was a young guy (i was hopin for a girl that i could charm :) ) but i just talked to him like a young relative and it went really well. i find out tomorrow from duke, also, and i'm scared off my ass
Mike

By Fish (Fish) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 12:52 am: Edit

I'm sure it went much better than you think, jerseygal. ...good luck good luck. Maybe...perchance...we'll both make it! :-D

By Hermanator on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:54 am: Edit

Hey guys...
when do you think international students will receive their ED responses? In other words... how long will it take for those damned First Class Mail letters to arrive at, say, Hong Kong?

i am damn anxious to know, thanks

By jerseygal on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 06:27 pm: Edit

Hey Fish -- I got in! :-)

By Fish (Fish) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 06:35 pm: Edit

:-D :-D :-D I read your stats and stuff in the other posts. Have fun next year. Whatever I get in the mail tomorrow, ah...pppshhh. It will matter because I'd have to do 8 more applications before Jan 1, but other than that I'm not going to stress. At least that whole anthrax thing was last year, right? ok yeah I'm nervous..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page