Is anyone really stressed out about FRIDAY?!?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Is anyone really stressed out about FRIDAY?!?!
By The Mynach on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 08:36 pm: Edit

I hope there isn't to much competion for spots at Yale, Princeton, and MIT. :( I previously got a 1560 on my SAT, but I retook them and got a 1580. I don't know if anyone knows me, but I placed in the 10 ten in Nationals for chess. :) Well, this week is going to be one filled with turmoil, sadness, and joy! Who else is applying to the schools that I am??

By the.me on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 08:46 pm: Edit

I applied to MIT as well.

Why do you stress Friday in particular? Is that supposedly the day the decisions should arrive? As far as I know, it could be any time in the next week, at least for MIT -- they didn't specify a date, just a general "mid-December."

By The Mynach on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Good Luck. I hope we both get accepted to MIT. If I get accepted that's probably where I'll end up going. I just have a gut feeling that Friday will be the day.

By To Boston on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:05 pm: Edit

I applied to MIT too. I am nervous about Friday because some of my grades could have been better, but I will probably still get in. Good Luck to you guys too though.

By blah on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Confident, aren't we? It'll be sad if you don't get in...but of course, good luck to all you guys!

By To Boston on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:14 pm: Edit

With a 1590 on my SAT, a 36 on my ACT, a 4.0 grade average, soccer MVP, and many other EC's. I don't think I will have too much of a problem. Do you?

By To Boston on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:14 pm: Edit

With a 1590 on my SAT, a 36 on my ACT, a 4.0 grade average, soccer MVP, and many other EC's. I don't think I will have too much of a problem. Do you?

By allison on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:16 pm: Edit

i think you can never be sure.

By so there on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:18 pm: Edit

sorry to break your confidence, but there are people with 1600, better SAT II scores (assuming they weren't too great so you didn't list them) and many other Ec's..which would make them a better candidate...
then there are the kids who are on the US math team, or physics team or chemistry team..or been to the international science fair or have something published..and they will get in over you..so now what do you think

By yaleapp on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:20 pm: Edit

NAH SO THERE...kid will get in on his 1590...i'm telling you. my brothers friend at yale had a 1590, had c grades, couple 5's on AP's...his sat's pulled weight

By hello on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:20 pm: Edit

last year..
my friend had
1600, 800 on Math IIC, Chemistry, Physics, Writing
4.0 GPA, science awards, aime qualifier
deferred MIT early

By so there on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:20 pm: Edit

SAt's dont really mean much these days

By yale app on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:21 pm: Edit

damn these ivies/nons but up there are unpredictable

By To Boston on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:23 pm: Edit

Hey guys I had some other stuff I didn't list. But next time I will know to write a book to explain stuff to you people.

Anyway thanks for your support yaleapp.

By for boston on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:25 pm: Edit

we just dont appreciate arrogance

By yaleapp on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:26 pm: Edit

true boston...i'm applying BU btw

By pHuXj00! on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:29 pm: Edit

How the hell are you planning on hearing from three schools this friday? For one thing, Princeton does not allow you top apply anywhere else early if you are going ED with them. Yale ED and MIT EA is a valid option, I believe, but I am curious to hear how Princeton is in the mix.

By asddsf on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:30 pm: Edit

some people sign the statement, but don't follow it

By To Boston on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Who is we "for boston", you seem to be on your own on that one.

Thanks again yaleapp!

By kyle leland on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 02:33 am: Edit

i am thoroughly disgusted. you pieces of •••• should be ashamed of yourselves. pretentious motherfuckers, you will reap what you have sown when you go the school of your dreams, and still have no friends, a stituation i imagine will continue through much of your adult lives, at least until your brains snap at the age of 40 and you can't tell the difference between the nurses that replace your bed pan and "friends."
please. for the love of god and the sake of the human race, swallow a ••••••• .45 barrel. that's all i ask

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 08:14 am: Edit

Who says we want friends who talk like you?

When you see us snap, we will have reached our ultimate goal.

By NorfCarolina on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:42 am: Edit

What kyle just said was ridiculous, but it wasn't even as ridiculous as the stuff you all have been saying. Its clear this board is just another excuse for you to brag about how well you did on your SAT's and how high your grades are. I suspect that most of you are incredibly hard working as opposed to intelligent and well rounded, otherwise, you wouldn't really care where you were getting in to, or at least would be confident enough not to need to show off about the things you've accomplished on the internet. I hope you do get accepted to these very high end schools, because its clear you really will be crushed if you don't get in. You'll try to tell yourself that it isn't the end of the world (obviously it isn't), but you'll never really believe it, and you'll always wonder why you weren't good enough to get in somewhere, when in reality, the system is often unfair and random. As far as if you do get in, you'll definitely fit in real well at most of the schools you're talking about because it's pretensious attitudes and a bad social scene that rules those schools. Sounds like your type of place.

By Fish (Fish) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 02:06 pm: Edit

I have yet to see the point of your posts, all of you who sound bitter, antagonistic, negative, whatever. The extent of your distaste for people on this board, whom you have generalized so vaguely, should prove a valid reason for you not to come back. Instead, you annonymously use inflammatory language in a pathetic attempt to...make people feel bad? Get lost, and in your own words, go get some exercise.

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 10:44 pm: Edit

ditto :)

By Greghornphs (Greghornphs) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 12:55 am: Edit

<Spammed message deleted. --Obiwan>

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page