Yale Applicants: Look Here!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Yale Applicants: Look Here!!!
By MK on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Hey have any ED applicants out there talked with any of the people at Yale? If so, I am wondering what they have said to you? Matt or Jennifer? Just wondering if any of you have actually called and met with them, or have had interviews with alumni. Thanks and sorry, I am just so nervous to find out!! Take care and good luck!

By newhavenlocal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:37 pm: Edit

I am so nervous too! I am not exactly sure of your question but I have had both an on campus and alumni interview. What are your stats? I can't wait any longer!

By MK on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 08:40 pm: Edit

I am not from new haven and my stats are not probably as good as yours so I dunno. Hmmm.... 4.0 , 9 college credits from engineering university in my town, International Science fair 3rd and 4th place micro, umm , 30 ACT, 1st place state Yamaha Piano Competition, 6th place state swimming, NBC Brain Busters show team captain, National Junior Science and Humanities Symposium finalist. There's more. I am not good at standardized tests so I don't take them... except the ACT which I have only done once. The big edge I have is that I am from MT and I am probably one of the most competitve from the state. We don't have as many resources as other states, so that is why it's hard to compete with people from back east. Oh well... can't think of much else.

By MK revenger on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:26 pm: Edit

MK...I know for sure what u r saying is total bs...there is no WAY u could have accomplished that much!! UNLESS...u r the devil himself!

By newhavenlocal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:46 pm: Edit

I am going to have to agree with MK here that there is a hint of exageration and cockiness in your list of achievements, BUT if it is all true then I am sure you have nothing to worry about. I am the typical new england boarding school kid with some legacy, so we will see if there is room for someone like me. Just know God has a plan for you, whether you understand that plan or not. Good luck.

By MK on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:31 pm: Edit

No NO I am totally serious. Why do you think that? Honest, I look at all of you guys and you are awesome, but i swear on my life that it's true!! I mean I don't have high standardized tests, but I work hard.. I can't believe you think I am lying. I felt down after reading everyone elses accomplishments. Please if u don't believe me, I will give you my email address and we can chat. Please guys, I just want to get to know you!

By JeffKarst on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Hi, my name is Jeff and i am a close personal friend of MK, i know her very well in fact. I met her at the International Science and Engineering Fair, and I know that all of her accomplishments listed are true. Unfortunately there are some jealous people out there that cannot accept that, but I will attest to the fact that she has done everything and more that she has listed. Thanks

By JeffKarst on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:57 pm: Edit

P.S.

She's really good looking too :p

By kkk on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 05:24 pm: Edit

bump

By Yale ED on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 05:27 pm: Edit

How many people on this board applied ED to Yale

By yale2k3e/z on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 06:24 pm: Edit

I applied early to Yale. I don't expect much though.

By Yale 2007 on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Post Stats all.

By scaredkid on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:11 pm: Edit

1450 SAT, 760, 710, 680 SATII's
Weighted GPA: 4.22
The usual lots of honors and AP's etc.
President of Interact and Christian Fellowship, started tutoring program, var. squash, legacy
Any thoughts? I have done NOTHING extroidinary.

By Yale 2007 on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 02:34 pm: Edit

good luck. i guess we find out on Monday. I am really nervous. I love NYC and that area considering I live on the Continental Divide. Well, good luck to you!! I don't think that I will make it.

By waiting on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Anyone else's stats? If you live close, you might get the letter (real mail) tomorrow.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page