College Admissions Party-- friday night!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: College Admissions Party-- friday night!
By Brandon Land on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:02 pm: Edit

Time: 8:00 PM

Place: here

Bring:

Graphing calculators (preferably TI-92), mechanical pencils, straight edges, graphing paper, and all of your college admissions letters. We're gonna construct three dimensional scattergrams relating SATs, SAT2s, and GPAs to admissions records!

Don't hesitate to bring your textbooks as well! We're gonna cap off the night with an electrochemistry tournament, followed by an indepth discussion concerning differential equations. We'll finish with a boom-- a personal testimony from a nerd and the impact nanotechnologies has had on his life.

Be there!

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Yes, this place definitely will be ROCKING this friday. Who ever made that post of "on FRIDAY, this place will be ROCKING" is a complete nerd!!!

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Such interesting people around here... :P

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Well, i wouldn't call it interesting...just more of a normal person.

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 09:54 pm: Edit

lol
Why don't you register on the boards, Normal?

btw, I only have a TI-83. Tough noogies.

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 09:56 pm: Edit

yeah. TI-89. party? wait what's a party? I dunno anything about partying, I just work my ass off these dun days.

jk. hopin. good luck people.

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 09:59 pm: Edit

I didn't start the original post for your information....Myself, like Brandon Land, think that it's hiliarious of all these nerds on these boards..."i have 1600 SATs...4.0 GPA...800s on all SAT2s taken...i stay up till midnight doing homework." It's quite amusing. Also, someone made a nerdy post called "On FRIDAY, this place will be ROCKING"....that's pretty funny! (yes, LET'S HAVE A PARTY ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!...score!)

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:01 pm: Edit

What's so nerdy about that?

Define: nerd.

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:02 pm: Edit

What's so nerdy???...Think about it!! (Party on this message board)

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:03 pm: Edit

So what?

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:04 pm: Edit

There's no point in arguing with you, cuz u don't get the point. You people act like these admissions are the only thing that matters in the world!

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:06 pm: Edit

On these boards, admissions IS the only thing that matters. What, are we supposed to throw a CHRISTMAS party in a message board that is called "College Confidential"? *laughs*

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:06 pm: Edit

As much as I love to figure out admissions statistics and plot them, Friday night is when I have a life!

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Not in these forums, ya don't! (j/k)

By me on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:12 pm: Edit

good luck to everyone

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:23 pm: Edit

Normal, dude. Chill out. Coming on this board to call people nerdy...think about it man. We're all in the same boat with this college shizit. Get over your anti-intellectual bs.

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:36 pm: Edit

hahaha. That's another way to put it...

By FunFunFun on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:48 pm: Edit

I'm sure an 83 or 89 will be fine-- after all, they can plot scattergrams, right?

I can't wait for the electrochemistry tournament! This is gonna be the best party ever!!

By AnonymousASS on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:48 pm: Edit

I'm with normal...u guys need to get a freaking life!!! I hope your TI-92's can graph the finger im holding up to u now!! This message is NOT life! But, what i want u to do is...stop what u r doing...take a good look in the mirror...get off your asses...and get some exercise...all of u guys r out of shape...can't even do one situp, one push up, or even one pull up. Also, u guys cant run a mile under 10 minutes!! hahha...get on a freaking treadmill!!

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Hahaha. I love it. You know how much you bitter losers reveal when you post crap like this? Feel inferior? You're eager to assure yourselves that having a life places you above people who score high and are nervous about college.

Hey, at least most of us are on this forum because we're interesteed in it and not for venting pathetic cut-downs.

People like you p1ss me off.

By losers on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Normal is my hero. like him, i get entertainment out of looking at the •••• you freaks come up with. just chill-accept the fact that you are going to be rejected b/c you have no personality/life/social skills if all you do is talk a/b your perfect scores. THE IVIES DONT CARE A/B THAT-90% of their applicants can handle the work, thats 90% of 25,000 people...you can do the math since you are all whipping out your gay TI-83s for fun on friday night anyways. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A PARTAY!!! HAHAHA! please please please get a life....actually, don't....you people make me laugh soo hard b/c u actually think you have a chance. ill be laughing when i get into harvard EA and you freaks dont.

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:30 pm: Edit

*sigh

"i get entertainment out of looking at the you freaks come up with"

"please please please get a life"

By haha on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:39 pm: Edit

hey fish, let us know if u got into princeton or not. again, good luck! muahaha

By Gregon on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:40 pm: Edit

What's it mean to have a life?

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:45 pm: Edit

:-P Thanx haha. pal.

By Gregon on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:47 pm: Edit

No problem buddy.

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Good question, Gregon. Very good question. A source of pondering for the ages...

btw, I think I can run/walk a mile in 14 minutes. hehehe. Last try two years ago. Wanna see my bones, Anon?

okay, so much for maturity... there's no harm in joining the fun, right? I'm too stiff to study, anyway. It's mad cold. ^_^ so here goes.

Actually, I'm sure we *can* graph your finger, Anon. Can YOU graph my tongue? (I'll even let you use graphing paper and pencil. Do you need help with holding that pencil?) :oP

While you do your physical whatevermajigs, what can you do against an ensuing nuclear attack? Ram into it and hope it doesn't blow up before you hurl it back the way it came?

Hell, being a freak is cool, losers {edit} (wish u had a better alias){/edit}! You know how many looks I get behind my back? Cuz I don't. Darn, I was hoping you do know. *sigh*

*another sigh*

When's Friday gonna get here, anyway? I've been waitin' on it forever.

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:54 pm: Edit

hey Brandon, do you think we can squeeze a thermochemistry competition in there somewhere? Oh joy this is going to be the best friday ever!

By Gregon on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:56 pm: Edit

I made a program (83+) for a friend once that (litteraly) pumped up a balloon of the middle finger. I don't know why he wanted me to make it but I made it for him. He titled it appropriately "gay pump." So in answer to your question AnonoumousASS I can DEFINITELY program your finger. Maybe I'll call it gay ass after you! :)

Anyways. I'm going to enjoy friday very much.

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:00 am: Edit

Next discussion topic suggestion:
Why the aversion to homosexuality in the general population?

By Gregon on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:14 am: Edit

Homosexuality is disgusting.

Ended that topic quick.

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:22 am: Edit

I live at an art school. Over 1/2 of the male student population is gay. I don't see homosexuality as disgusting...but the excess estrogen can get extremely stifling.

Blarg. Bleh. Ramen dorm food. Hey guys, something to look forward to next year! :-D

By Gregon on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:28 am: Edit

Lol.

I have a cousin who has a theory.

Gays are not born but made.
Kids who are lonely at college, and have trouble making friends, sometimes become gay. Because gay people will accept anyone as long as they're gay! Hahaha.

Homosexuality yuck. Hope I don't see any of that at ND. Oh wait they were ranked #5 on "Alternative life styles not an alternative." Good and good ridance I don't need queers (that's what they like to be called remember :) ) in my school.

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:34 am: Edit

I have many gay friends. Interestingly, there are some fit into your category "not born but made." Others, well, they try to like girls and fail. I don't know. It's been an interesting two years, to say the least, if nothing more than make next year sweeet as hell.

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 01:18 am: Edit

you'll know just how sweet in a couple days

By Junior on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 01:20 am: Edit

How much fun is the rest of the year gonna be after you know that you're accepted?! It's gonna suck for all those people who are applying regular decision.....it's also gonna suck for me because I'm a junior....

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Hmmm. I hope we don't get shot down for discussing this. If anyone feels a particular sensitivity to this topic, voice your opposition to reading this crap, and I'll stop immediately.
I have and hold nothing against anybody in earnest. Sometimes it might seem like I've really got a fried potato on my shoulder, but I'm really light-hearted. I really am. Just FYI. :)

I think homosexuals develop irregularly in the womb, or at puberty. Maybe they were supposed to be the opposite sex that they turned out to be, but somewhere along the way something happened and they came out the way they did... Then hormones, which, I have been taught, determines gender and sex drive, might not quite match with physical orientation, and thus we have what we call "homos".

And then there are those who feel attracted to both. What happened to *them*? Irregularity at a late phase in puberty, or just self-induced love (and I DON'T mean masturbation)?

I do NOT support the notion that homosexuals are "normal." From a strictly scientific point of view, attraction to the same sex is counter-productive and goes against the propagation of the population of one's own species. They do not contribute to the survival of the species and therefore are of little or no value to that species. I face the fact that the most lasting legacy any living thing can leave behind is one's own progeny, and being homosexual decreases the chances of creating such by... a large margin.

But that doesn't take intelligence into consideration. Brains are c00l. Therefore, humans are special and don't quite fit the description given above. ;o)

Hey Junior, if you haven't already, start your apps now--especially the essays. The essay questions don't vary all that much, and practice is g00t. ^_^

I'm looking over my essays, and, by the Light, they sound horrible! Looks like 10 different people wrote them... But it's too late now...

By ? on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 04:07 pm: Edit

Sar, where did you apply?

By dlij on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 04:48 pm: Edit

god dont let this be a sexual preference board

By Gregon on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Well said Sar. I think that we should practice discussions on issues like homosexuality will prove beneficial for college. Heck, it does pertain to college life afterall. Some schools have noticible homosexual groups on campus!

I think it boils down to two this.
Nature didn't intend for people to be homosexual.

Unless I see statistics about hormones and early fetal gender mutations (hehe) then I'll have to continue believing that homosexuality is detrimental to a society and should at least be actively ignored. if not discouraged.

And, if anyone decides to perk in and attack me as a "homophobe" (a misnomer because I am not AFRAID of gayness) then I will reply...

I'm not homophobic, I'm pro-straight.

By silly on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:03 pm: Edit

That's an interesting assertion that nature intended for anything to turn out one way or another. You seem to take nature's prediliction towards one outcome for granted. Do you have any evidence for this point of view, or is it just a hunch?

Moreveoer, what precisely, is the harm to society which you view as so detrimental? If two guys hold hands, is that going to destabilize the underpinnings of civil behavior and then we'll all revert to cavemen behavior?

I can only assume that you are suggesting that because heterosexuality is dominant that nature actually prefers it. Interesting, if so. By that same reasoning, nature prefers brown eyes over blue. So I can only assume by your reasoning that people with blue eyes are detrimental to society.

I'm not anti-blue eyes, I'm pro-brown eyes.

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:10 pm: Edit

Live and let live. Many of the people we label freaks, whether they be gay or otherwise socially excluded, are really cool if one gets to know them.

Nature has no intensions...it merely sums up what takes place on earth. Counter-productive to our species? Think of everything counter-productive to having babies. Interestingly, OVER-population, a recognized problem, is counter-productive to the continuation of our species. Homosexuality could merely be a subconcious human response to claustrophobia.

My point here is not to step on your toes, those of you offened by homosexuality. I only see no point in ostracizing fellow human beings for sexual preferences. They do no harm to the economy...co'mon! :-D

By Normal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:29 pm: Edit

what the heck happened to this message???? it was supposed to be about you NERDS and the things u say on these boards! YOU GUYS ARE QUITE AMUSING!!!!!!!!! LOL.....LMAO....OMG...U GUYS ARE A RIOT!

Typical profile:

"1600 sats"
chess team captain
captain of math team
proved several theories in quantum mechanics
FULL-TIME NERD
NO SPORTS
ANTISOCIAL

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:52 pm: Edit

Darn you, Normal, I'd almost swear you were clairvoyant.

HAHA! I *knew* people would disagree with what I posted. Go back and read it more carefully. (read it more completely) ;o)

?: >>Sar, where did you apply?<<
Why do you ask, ?, and why do you remain anonymous?

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:56 pm: Edit

ok, that second line just sounded very arrogant of me. I take it back. But do go back and read everything please.
Ultimately, a species in general cannot survive without reproduction.
But we humans are special. We've blasted clear through General and we're on our way to Mars... or so we think...

By allison on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:57 pm: Edit

wow... for people who are supposed to be soooo smart, getting into ivies and whatever, you sure are close-minded and cocky about what is 'right' or 'intended'...

By Fish (Fish) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:06 pm: Edit

to normal:

you're why people don't like to be "normal."

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
F. Nietzsche

The orignal topic of this thread isn't worth discussing. Sar changed the subject.

Glad you're so easily amused, though. Happy nerd hunting.

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Thanks, Fish. ^_^

Okay, normal. Let's assume I 'fess. Let's see you come up with something open-minded.

Meanwhile, I still have Calc hw to finish! It's supposed to prepare us for tomorrow's exam. My teacher's too nice. :)

By Normal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Hey, i'm in calculus too (that's cool), but hey i don't go around bragging about scoring a 5 on some damn AP calculus AB test! Not saying you did, but other people.

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Sorry normal, I meant "allison" all along.

By Gregon on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Where'd my post go?

There was nothing bad in it! Why'd they delete it! Explanation?! Admins why?!

hehe Radiation caused homosexuality, Sar :) hehe

As to Nerfdom, I'm a recluse and I its a choice I actively pursue. Why? Its people who would criticize other people's life styles that make me... oh wait we were discussing homosexuality weren't we? :)

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:51 pm: Edit

aiya, mama mia, system resources failing. i misused "propagate" and "all along."
"allison" only once.

anyway.

Yeah. I was wondering too. i had to delete my own response.

It might have caused homosexuality. i dunno. But there are recessive alleles, and common genetic mutations... detrimental congenital disorders/diseases do not necessarily die out by themselves.

I'm not criticizing anyone, as far as I know. Everything I said follows from logic... i hope. lol

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Is it Friday yet?

Nerfdom: it came to me... naturally.

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 01:15 am: Edit

okok i don't look like or act like a nerd. not like urkel, anyway. :oP

just antisocial sometimes. reserved. yeah.

so is it friday yet?

By Sar, you are a nerd on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 01:25 am: Edit

Sar, you are a nerd. Enjoy Princeton, Harvard, Yale, and MIT all at the same time if you can. Ya'll are crazy and need to get outside for some fresh air; play sports; take a walk; etc. Stop hiding behind your academic prowess and do something with your lives...which i hope you'll figure out in the next 4 years that you spend at your Ivy-League school. Enjoy your Ivy-League schools! Don't waste it...I could take your spot just as easily....but i'm not super-rich, super-poor and have minority status, the son of the Dean of Whatever-The-Crap University, but i know i can whoop you all in basketball anyday! Live a more balanced life...academics is not the goal in this life.

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 08:13 am: Edit

Okay, Sar,youareanerd, if you say so, I guess I act like a nerd in these forums. Can't blame ya. :)

Academics is my goal in life. I have no higher aspirations above attaining the Nirvana of Knowledge.

By Allison (Allison) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 12:28 pm: Edit

hey, my post disappeared too... i don't really understand.

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 11:03 pm: Edit

The mods work in strange and mysterious ways.

It bodes well for freeloaders to not question the mods' motives.

(j/k)

By Brandon Land on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 11:08 pm: Edit

LET THE ELECTROCHEMISTRY TOURNAMENT BEGIN!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page