On FRIDAY, this place will be ROCKING

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: On FRIDAY, this place will be ROCKING
By Pure Chaos on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Tears of joy, tears of sadness, utter hopelessness, despair, elation...you name it. When the IVIES send out ED or post them online, this place will be mayhem. This is like the calm before the storm.

By hopeless on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Yeah, it's amazing, and sad to see how a plain piece of paper determines so much. This will be like the longest week in my life.

By but on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:52 pm: Edit

you'll probably get the decision letter the 16th.

By college crazy on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 10:33 pm: Edit

haha, *this* is the calm?

By college crazy on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 10:39 pm: Edit

and, by the way, good luck to everyone.

i'm not applying early anywhere...i have ten regular decision apps going out soon. i kind of wish i had applied early to some place, just to be in on the elation/sadness/despair/etc.

By Fish (Fish) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 03:43 am: Edit

Princeton...anyone know when Princeton is letting out the cats? This is dumb...I read somewhere as I was applying that ED applicants receive letters in early Dec. Calling the admissions office in NJ, I then heard the phrase, "Hopefully before the holidays." Asking my interviewer, I yet obtained another answer, "Maybe in early January."

I don't particulary mind a surprise, I suppose. Elation/Sadness/Despair, I dunno. I've convinced myself of doom, so trauma is unlikely.

Yes, good luck to everyone :-)

By hoopla on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 08:43 pm: Edit

oh well......i don't get to be in all this excitement because i'm doing everything regular decisão

By Sar (Sar) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Lucky devil, you.

(j/k) :)

By Chigetai on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Hey, does anybody know when Caltech starts mailing, generally? The website says "late December," but what does that mean?

To ease my constant nagging anxiety over that damn letter, I'm teaching myself piano. So far, I can play the first movement of Fur Elise - second movement is too hard! Not too shabby, considering I started a week ago!

Got bored with Fur Elise, trying To Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X.

So anyway, additional question - what are you guys doing to eleviate the stress?

By Sar (Sar) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 09:19 pm: Edit

looking over my other applications

web design

reading stuff here

homework homework homework. study. finals are coming up.

By me on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:22 am: Edit

less than a week!!! i love colleges but i doubt they love me back...

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:30 am: Edit

Sar, reading stuff here, reading other applications, hw, and finals is making my head throb.

I'm trying to finish The Two Towers before LOR2 comes out. Only a few more days! Woohoo.

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:31 am: Edit

Welllll...subject-verb agreement. *are in the previous post.

By hustler on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:50 am: Edit

cool, i can play to zanarkand on piano :)
did you get the book from animenation?
oh, and im ED at duke
i dunno what im doing to alleviate stress.. im just sort of toughing it out, but it's not that bad

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:57 am: Edit

haha. fur elise is a bit over-rated, as is the moonlight sonata. Try Debussy.
I'm ED at Princeton. I have to admit, knowing that I'm going to get rejected takes a lot of stress out of the situation. I do feel somewhat queasy sometimes...but I think I rather enjoy it.

By haha on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:04 am: Edit

lol wtf fish

By bioyuki on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:10 am: Edit

Good look to all the UPenn people who find out the 12th.

Eeek!

By StanfordAdmin on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 03:04 am: Edit

GOod luck everyone. hope yall's get in. Peace out.

By Dan on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:41 am: Edit

Yea... Cornell ED comes out tomorrow!!!! I'm feeling the burn.

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 03:52 pm: Edit

LoL fish, I started reading that too. Over the summer, actually. Once Sept started though, I never really got back to it... heh... but I'll be waiting for the video, anyway. :)

Grr. Columbia admiss rep said, "There is no set date, ma'am."
wtf? :(

By Mrowry on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Beethoven is overrated, and Debussy isn't? EVERYONE plays La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin, Clair de Lune, Deux Arabasques, and at least one movement from Coin d'Enfants.

Sorry for the tangent. That bothered me. :-P

By hey on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 05:14 pm: Edit

Do colleges post their decisions online?

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 05:36 pm: Edit

"Tears of joy, tears of sadness, utter hopelessness, despair, elation"

How lovely. You'd think it was V-E Day or something. Keep some perspective on just what it means to make the ivy league. (you have access to a snobby school)

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 05:58 pm: Edit

Nah. Debussy is not. It's excellent for gigs and the like, and everyone should play the clair de lune. I am biased towards Impressionism, though, so nm.

By to pat on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 06:31 pm: Edit

somebody's bitter!!!!!
somebody's bitter!!!!!
somebody's bitter!!!!!
somebody's bitter!!!!!
somebody's bitter!!!!!

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 07:28 pm: Edit

No, he's not bitter! He's actually putting in a "normal" perspective about what school you're getting into. All I ever see on this message board is a bunch of nerds or snobs. Some of you need to get a life for once (get some exercise while you're at it too!).

PS. Hey pat!

By . on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 07:30 pm: Edit

call it what you want.

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 07:30 pm: Edit

Nice job repeating yourself five times... artistic touch you have there ;)

SATs, ACTs, college admissions... next year you're going to look back and laugh.

By Normal on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Oh yeah, I agree Pat...these guys are obviously losers.....(in a nerdy voice----oh yes, this friday, at my house...we are going to have an ADMISSIONS PARTY!!! yES!!!! plz come over to my house w/ ur MIT/ IVY league admissions!! SCORE!!!)

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:06 pm: Edit

hey: >>Do colleges post their decisions online? <<
It depends on the college. If they do post decisions online, they will probably make an effort to tell you about that resource.

But I think most colleges still just send out paper letters.

By Chigetai on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:55 pm: Edit

I started with Fur Elise simply because I've never touched a piano before and figured I'd start with something easy. I'll definitely check out Debussy, as I try to figure out what to do with the rest of senior year. :-)

But, does ANYONE know when Caltech starts mailing out decisions? That "late December" is really really bugging me! Especially since I'll find out about my friends' colleges possibly a WHOLE WEEK before I MIGHT possibly get mine, if it truly is in "late December..."

Gah! Where's my damn piano? Nerves...

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 09:06 pm: Edit

*giggles*

Try percussion?

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:30 pm: Edit

Haha. You guys are great. Well, I have piano juries here at art jail so it's not much of a stress-reliever.

Normal and friends, F-off. Go get a life and stop bothering the nerds...

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:37 pm: Edit

... art jail?

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Gov School. need to get out. bad food, no life, all homosexual. aka hades.

By Gregon on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I can't IMAGINE what this place will be like after descisions are sent. It'll be a firestorm.

Author - SuperHappyGirl
Title - "I GOT INTO HARVARD WITH ONLY A 1420!"
Text - Hey guys! :) I'm so shocked I got in! :) I can't believe it! :) Can you?! :)

Author - Growler
Title - "Screw you!"
Text - Stop bragging you !~@~@~. I told you, you little %&(*!$&)(&$!. I had a frickin 1560 and Yale rejected me. I'm going to come to your house and &*&_!$@ bleep to your little dog. And then when I'm through with that I'll stick it down your... and so on.

I can't wait! It's almost as exciting as an admission letter. I think I'll just get some popcorn and kick back and watch the posts flow in. Not that I'm that nerdy or anything.. ;)

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:20 pm: Edit

haha. yeah.

By Sar (Sar) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:58 pm: Edit

lol

Or we might all forget about this place, and fade away forever, to make room for the next gaggle of neurotics.

By mozart on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:27 pm: Edit

hey guys, talking about stress relievers. i suggest going for a walk. I do that whenever I feel stressed out. Take the dog to. Well, since my ED is comin out ht enext few days, looks like ill be going for a lot of walks!
Best of luck to everyone!

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:55 pm: Edit

lol At least your dog will be very happy for the next few days. ^_^
Hmm. It's kinda chilly out, but I'll still try that... except I don't have a dog, so I guess I'll take my hot water bottle. :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page