Who's applying to GEORGETOWN?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Who's applying to GEORGETOWN?
By Bizzy on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:03 pm: Edit

I'm just curious. Either if you've applied early or you're going to regular, please list your stats and other relevant info. Thanks

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:35 pm: Edit

I applied EA to SFS. My stats are under two other posts: What do you think? and South Carolinian for EA Georgetown

By dsa on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:03 am: Edit

bumping bumpity bumpers

By Hoya Hopeful on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:03 am: Edit

I too am applying early. My stats are as follows:
Lg. Cali Public High School
4.1 Weighted GPA
6 AP's with two 5's and a 4 on the 3 I took my junior year
1360 SAT: 720 Verbal, 640 Math
SAT II's: 720, 650, 700
EC's: Huge involvement in the theater dept. (stage managing and Directing all 4 years)
President of California Youth and Govt. with involvment in the statewide level in that arena
Work at REI 16-18 hrs. a week
Heavy into the outdoors: snowboarding, rock climbing, mountain biking, ect...
Great recs
I applied early and am crossing my fingers and praying for a big envelope. Any thoughts. Good luck!

By Fish (Fish) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 03:35 am: Edit

applying reg. decision. stats
sat1 1520 780m 740v
sat2 710 690 760 640
10 APs 4 and 3 from last year
EC: Residential art school - piano, 24 hrs a week
Service learning leader
Math Team
yada yada and so forth.

Downfall:
I'm Asian. However, I immigrated to this country 10 years ago, if that makes any difference to admissions. Bilingual :-)

I love Georgetown. I'm applying to the Walsh School of Foreign Service. Good luck everyone.

By Jay Z on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Biz to the ump

By mike on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 11:45 pm: Edit

Applying reg. decision
1560 on SAT (800M/ 760V)
High 3s for GPA (I donno, i moved before junior year and my new school screwed up my GPA, but i have 8 honors classes, and 5 APs, so its prob like 4.0 or 4.1 weighted, prob, like 3.7 unw), Mission Trip to chicago, Community Action Prog at hospital, Habitat for humanity,football,lacrosse in 9th and 10th grade,
National merit commendation (woopty doo!)
couple latin awards, math distinction, couple recommendations annnnnnddd a rich dad
thats about it
hahahaha, i still won't get in cause i'm a white kid from the burbs who actually has a social life

By mike on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 11:46 pm: Edit

and also, what the •••• is this bump •••• that i keep hearing on everything

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:43 am: Edit

People who have nothing more intelligent to say but feel the need to participate in this forum for individual pathetic reasons.

By Mr. Bump on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:49 am: Edit

bump is something people post when they want to "bump" the post to the top of the board, so more people will see it. If i made a post that seems to be falling down to the bottom of the board, i will simply type in "bump" so that it will shoot back up to the top...got it?

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:55 am: Edit

I thought bump meant like, 'you have no chance'... my b.

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 02:22 pm: Edit

Fish...are you taking 8 AP's this year? My school doesn;t even offer 8 I dont think.

By Fish (Fish) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 06:06 pm: Edit

I took 4 last year. Bio, French, Music Theory, and US History.

This year I'm taking 6 APs...calc AB, BC, Chem, Physics, Psych, English Lit. Calc, Chem, and Physics are year-long courses here.

I think I'm taking and have taken everything or almost everything offered by the Governor's School, besides the other languages...

So few people here sign up for certain APs that students can arrange with a teacher to be in a CP class and have it count as AP... but the quality of education is of course, lower.

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 05:37 pm: Edit

bump

By the.me on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 06:46 pm: Edit

Fish: As I recall, you can't take both Calc AB and BC in the same year; you'll have to take BC and hope for a happy little subscore.

By Fish (Fish) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 06:48 pm: Edit

Yeah.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page