Who's taken AP Spanish or AP Chem test?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Who's taken AP Spanish or AP Chem test?
By AP on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:00 pm: Edit

I'm a little nervous about these classes because my teachers suck and we're going really slowly. Who here has taken them, and has anyone failed?

By Blaine on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:02 pm: Edit

I took AP Spanish in sophomore year and got a 4. My teacher was excellent.

By AP on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:06 pm: Edit

What was the hardest part of the test?

By asasas on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:15 pm: Edit

Don't worry too much about AP Chem, it is the single most overrated test. Trust me. The key is to learn key principles in chemistry, and then apply them on the exam. Don't worry about specific stuff.

By Blake on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:27 pm: Edit

I had a terrible Chemistry teacher and took the AP because everyone kept telling me that AP scores didn't matter for admission. I got a 2 as expected, and now I'm finding out that schools like MIT and Harvard ask for APs. I would advise you not to take it unless you think you'll do well.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if you _have_ to put down every AP test score you have for MIT and Harvard?

By No on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:30 pm: Edit

you don't have to.

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:34 pm: Edit

LOL-I took Chem last year. Lets just say that my teacher is no longer working at our school...shes either working at Target or as a construction worker. We're not sure. Anyhow, I thought I was gonna get like a - (which is what you get if all you put down is curse words on the frq's), but I ended up getting a 4. All I would say is....buy at least one study book and really try and study a lot far in advance. Studying with other people in the class helps too. We spent some of our time last year, with our teacher, making obscene words out of chemical symbols....but it all ended up ok.

By g on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Ha. My Ap Chem teacher had to be the most incompetent person I had ever met. Everyday went like this, "Hey. I'm too (tired, drunk, headache etc...) Just don't make noise." So, going into the ap test, we hadn't covered acids and bases or electrochemistry and just barely covered equilibrium stuff. I mean, people went in not even knowing there was a page on writing equations. Anyway, I stayed home from school two days before the test, crammed in the book and got a 4. I'm sure if you study , you should do fine. I was prepared for a 2.

By confused on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 09:47 pm: Edit

My AP Biology teacher is making the course wicked hard. Oh man, I would have nothing to do this year if I hadn't chosen to take it. Is the actual test hard?

By Blaine on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:16 am: Edit

Just pay attention in AP Bio and you'll do fine. I didn't and got a 3.

By hey on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:14 am: Edit

I read the Barrons prep book the week before the test my sophomore year and got a 5. No, I didn't think it was too difficult and the teacher didn't teach anything.

By david on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:19 am: Edit

i took the chem sat 2 on dec7 haven't got score yet but from practices i'm sure i probably got 750-800. It was really easy for me, i just bought barrons book and studied 1-2hours everyday for about 2 weeks.

By Ram on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 01:41 am: Edit

I got a 5 on the Spanish AP and a 3 on the English Language & Comp. The spanish is really easy. (im hispanic) but that doesnt matter....its only a few q's and speaking into a recorder. stuff like "the cat is beneath the table" but in spanish "el gato esta debajo de la mesa" not really all that complicated even for someone white.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page