Do you think i can get into B.C or B.U

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Do you think i can get into B.C or B.U
By bcfan33 on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 07:41 pm: Edit

hey i just recently found this website and noticed a lot of the students here are far superior then I am. But i am still curious if i can get into my reach school which is B.C. I have a 3.9 gpa out of a 4.2(weighted) this year i am taking ap bio, ap spanish 4, and ap english along with world geography and selected topics as my two electives. I have taken two other ap classes before this. So out of 8 offered at the school i have be in 5. My sat score was a 1210. Also i am 100 percent Colombian and wondering how much this will help me get in there. I dont feel like writing all my EC's but i am in national honor society and like 5 clubs and play sports, and i am in a law program called the judical mentoring program as well. Can any1 give me clues on my chances. Oh and finally i might be able to get a letter from a person who is held in high esteem at B.C. This could up my chances as well. What do u thinK?

By Dadster on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 07:42 pm: Edit

You have a decent chance, BCfan. Don't be intimidated by the scores of some posters here. One suggestion: do NOT pursue the letter from the BC person UNLESS that person knows you well enough to comment specifically on you, your work ethic, your creativity, etc. Letters from important people who barely know the applicant generally hurt rather than help.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page