IF U RESPOND....I SEND U BEANZ!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: IF U RESPOND....I SEND U BEANZ!!!
By Nnnn_Ttttt (Nnnn_Ttttt) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:43 pm: Edit

I don't know... i had to get your attention somehow...

Okay, here's the deal. I'm an Indian New Yorker... which is not a minority, which stinks because I feel very minor.... hehe okay that's besides the point. My dad's an NYU alumnus and i want to go to NYU very badly... Today is a sad day... as the application deadline is rearing its ugly head, and the college of arts and science is difficult ,like calculus for a baby, to get into.
I have an unweighted 3.13 GPA... and a 3.18 gpa (LOOK AT THAT CRAZIEEEE .05 JUMP!! community college ~~~> HARVARD!! don't u c it?)
sarcasm is definitely underrated.
I'm taking 5 APs senior year, aka, this year (I know, pray for me) and my sat score was a 1430... 740 Math, 690 Verbal... if i had gotten a 1500, i would have a vehicle right now... i just thought u all should know how important 70 points can be. Next time you get a 70 on a test, think of MY car... still in the lot...
Okay... i took the SAT 2 writing and i got a 650 on that thingamabobber... i didn't actually finish the crazie thing...stupid essay......
I am in a good number of clubs and things of the sort... i'm vice president of a silly little club called Amnesty International,(there's free food and free tutoring involved), in DECA, world hunger awareness public relations officer, school newspaper, volunteer at hospital, yearbook committee's faculty editor, member of the national art honor society, etc etc.
I want to know if i have any chances of getting into NYU (i know, i know... but a girl's gotta try) If you like beans and you've managed to read through this terribly written autobiographical blurb.... please answer me with OPEN CANDOR (SAT word folks!)Any other suggested schools with the exception of community colleges will be greatly appreciated. Thanks dearies!

By Arthur (Arthur) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:49 pm: Edit

you have a good chance since you are applying early and are a legacy.

props to the low uw gpa/high sat score type - that's me too.

write some good, focused essays about your most important ec's/personal qualities.

doesn't nyu recommend three sat2s? take two others if you can on october 11.

By Nnnn_Ttttt (Nnnn_Ttttt) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:52 pm: Edit

arthur.....buddy.... u made a new friend... beanz r good bait arent they? Thanx for the feedback...
Got any one else with some suggestions?

BUMPIE BUMPIE BUMPIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

By Nnnn_Ttttt (Nnnn_Ttttt) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:02 am: Edit

beans are great folks... let's go...

Please? say something... anything...

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit

wow your parents took away your car because you didn't score a 1500. That explains the extremely garbled post which is definitely the result of extreme emotional damage.

By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 03:45 pm: Edit

hahahahahahahaha... good one Rubenizm (not being sarcastic)

i hate to be so negative but that gpa is so low, it's hard to imagine you'll be accepted

By Nnnn_Ttttt (Nnnn_Ttttt) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 05:21 pm: Edit

wow... that's pretty harsh guys... i was just asking for some feedback and honestly if you had nothing to say you shouldn't have said anything at all... it's not appreciated. I'm glad you guys found it funny though... good for you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page