What are your Admissions Strategies??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: What are your Admissions Strategies??
By Sadeyedlady (Sadeyedlady) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

I hear people mentioning admissions strategies -- What do they mean by this? All that we can do now is write a good essay and hope the interview goes well. It's too late to change grades or extracurriculars, and scores can't drastically improve now..

So what do people mean?

By Anduin (Anduin) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:55 am: Edit

The strategy I have been developing over the past few years is cunning and devious. Few can comprehend it, and far fewer would ever think of it for themselves. My master plan involves getting good grades, doing well on standardized tests, carefully choosing teachers to write my recommendations, and writing excellent essays.

Yes, I can see that you are all in awe of my foresight and wisdom.

There really is no admissions strategy other than presenting who you truly are in the best possible way. Anyone who talks about secret strategies is likely misinformed. All you can do is your best; then all you can do is roll the dice and wait.

By Quakerboy2 (Quakerboy2) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:33 am: Edit

The only real strategy that you can use is to realize that the piece of paper you send in called your application is actually all they get to see of you, unless you get an interview. And unless that interview goes fantastically, they probably won't get a huge amount out of that. Use your essays to get yourself across, because that's the only chance you have.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page