What are my chances at an ivy? (or stanford, duke, wesleyan,

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: What are my chances at an ivy? (or stanford, duke, wesleyan,
By Blurblurblur (Blurblurblur) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 06:51 pm: Edit

GPA-4.0 (unweighted)
Rank-My school doesnt do ranks, but definitely in the top 5% of 300
SAT-1590 (V-800, M-790)
SAT II-
Bio-740
Writing-800
Literature-800
Chem-800
Spanish-800

AP's-all 5's-Euro, Psych, Language and composition, american literature, spanish literature, american history, BC calculus, Biology, Environmental science, government, statistics,

200 hours of volunteering with children and at an art museum

EC-cocaptain of mock trial for 2 years, cocaptain of extemp and debate (state qualifier in debate), Editor in chief of the yearbook, editor of literary magazine, co-founder of the local history society,

research awards-intel semifinalist, siemens-westinghouse, published in the concorde review, winner of various local math awards, short stories published,

legacy-aunt went to princeton, uncle went to upenn, dad went to cornell, other uncle went to columbia

i played on varsity badminton for 3 years

i dont know if this is important, but i attended cty one summer, and the harvard summer school another, while taking courses at a program in oxford for a different summer.

my recomendations will be amazing, from teachers who have known me all 4 years

my essay is pretty good too, and im not too nervous about the interview

By Parentofteen (Parentofteen) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

WOW! Why do you even need to ask?!!! I would say you are in no matter where you apply. Congratulations!!!!

By Dylan (Dylan) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 09:51 pm: Edit

Well, if I were to evaluate you based on what you put here, I'd have to say "looks good." But...so do the other thousands of applicants to "The Ivies." Contrary to what Parentofteen says, no one is "in" at Harvard (or Duke or Stanford or Brown, etc) until they are indeed -in-. Definitely apply: you're certainly qualified. But it's still a crapshoot.

By Jokemaker (Jokemaker) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 11:37 pm: Edit

umm...how can say intel semifinalist and siemens-westinghouse for research awards? they haven't taken place yet....

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

are you rich?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page