Vassar, Kenyon--am I kidding myself? Help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Vassar, Kenyon--am I kidding myself? Help!
By Antigone (Antigone) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Hi! I was just wondering if I had good chances at.. any of these schools O-o Basically, I'm looking at Vassar, Connecticut College, Kenyon, Denison, and then there are a few more but I don't really care as much about them.
Right now, my ACT score is like 27 but it's so unbalanced so I just took it again. I got like 33 and 30 on English and Reading and the science and math.......well yeah. Also, my gpa is 3.7, I'm taking 3 ap classes right now (English, Gov, French), and I don't have that many extracurriculars--just track and community service. I'm also in NHS. Is that enough info? Thanks in advance guys!

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:41 pm: Edit

Hmm another "I don't like math and science :(" person..

If that GPA is unweighted and you write a good essay I think you can get into Kenyon, but not Vassar, if it is weighted.. I'm not sure you could get into either.

By Spiffybrownboy (Spiffybrownboy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:10 pm: Edit

I disagree.

A person just responded to my thread (in which Vassar was included) and they got into Vassar with a 3.4... not sure about the weighted/unweighted, but even if it was unweighted, that's not too high. Besides, a 3.7 is not shabby at all. I still think you have a great shot if you up those ACT (or SAT) scores. Kenyon should be well within your reach. Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page