Athletics aiding in admission

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Athletics aiding in admission
By Colonelkurtz (Colonelkurtz) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:25 pm: Edit

How much do athletics help in gaining admission to ivies or ivy-like colleges, specifically u. penn if you know. I play three Varsity sports (soccer winter track and baseball) and am Capt. of the soccer team too. I dont think i have much chance at playing at a D1 unless i walk-on but am talking a little with some D3 coaches. what e.c.'s are sports comparable to as well?

By Esotericstorm (Esotericstorm) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 09:13 pm: Edit

My friend has been talking to coaches of ivy-league schools about running track for them next year. They pretty much guaranteed her admission if she wants it, and she's not that great. She has relatively low stats for an ivy league school, but even Harvard told her she's in.

By Colonelkurtz (Colonelkurtz) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:07 pm: Edit

bump

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Ok..some questions from an international student.

What is DI, DII, DIII? Does it mean Division 1, 2, etc.
How does one contact the "sports administration" that you want to play a particular sport in that university?

By Lefty9ak (Lefty9ak) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

DI, DII, etc. stand for the division of the sport. While it is unlikely you can just contact a DI coach because athletics at that level are extremely competitive (you gotta get recruited), you can often access an information page that you can submit to a coach at a small-time school (like Ivies).

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Harvard may say that the coach may say that but coaches lie a lot just a warning great kid from my school great athlete, 1540 was told he was into YALE and HARVARD

HE got screwed and is now at tufts

easily could have gone ivy

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page