Typing application?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Typing application?
By Drfunk (Drfunk) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 12:47 pm: Edit

For those of you typing of your applications, how do you manage when the PDF file doesn't have built in text fields? Do you use another program? do you just copy the questions and type up the answers in word?

Thnx

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 01:06 pm: Edit

you can't do it. you have to print it and write. If you look at a text-enabled application, you'll see that the part the counselor needs to fill out is also not-editable. They want you to print it out.

BTW. The editable applications will only edit with Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

By Drfunk (Drfunk) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 05:39 pm: Edit

sigh.. i was hoping you knew of some other way.. other than using adobe illustrator.

my handwriting is REALLY bad.. eh.. it's their fault anyway

thnx

By Cornell00 (Cornell00) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:19 pm: Edit

the only ones you can type on and then print are the common applications they are available at some schools web page

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:29 pm: Edit

no varr, many schools have typing-enabled apps. Cornell(you should know that), Nyu, maryland are the ones i've looked at, but there are much much more. It depends, just download the pdf and take a look. But i'm pretty sure you need Acrobat not the Reader.

By Nnnn_Ttttt (Nnnn_Ttttt) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

why don't you get a typewriter?

By Andy7733 (Andy7733) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:18 am: Edit

first, you can type in apps using reader, but you cannot save.

second, you can add forms fields if you're using a full version of acrobat. in acrobat 6.0 pro, tools//advanced editing//forms//show the forms tool bar. then the toolbar will show, and then you can use this to create fields in which you can type.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page