NHD- Anyone with experience?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: NHD- Anyone with experience?
By Frogman9595 (Frogman9595) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

In 7th grade I participated in a competition called NHD (National History Day). It is a national competition, and I had to advance to nationals through regional and state competitions. Although I haven't done any projects since then, I know that there is a division for high school students. I was curious as to why I haven't heard more about it on these and other message boards, seeing as I thought it was pretty prestigious to win at the senior level. Has anybody had success in NHD? Do you know how it would look on a college application? Is it recognized as a prestigious competition? I ask because I am considering entering while in high school but I don't know if it would be as impactful as a science fair project.

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 10:32 pm: Edit

hey i've gone to the national level of competition...hmm i would say it's prestigious but others might say otherwise. i heard many of the national finalists make it to harvard, for instance Amma Ghartey-Tagoe who was once a national gold medalist.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page