Boys of Summer

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Boys of Summer
By Hukddonfoniks (Hukddonfoniks) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 03:19 pm: Edit

I keep on listenin to this song...makes me sad cuz
nobody's on the road, nobody's on the beach

everyones getting ready for college

anyways i researched more into colleges and am applying to different ones so i decided to post my stats

guy, japanese american, english is my first (and sadly, only language)

GPA: 4.36 W, 3.8x UW (i think its 3.845 or something weird like that...i just know it starts with a 3.8)
SAT: 740 V, 720 M (taking it for the 2nd time in oct.....doing substantially better in practice tests so hopefully.......)
SAT 2 US Hist: 790
Writing: 770
Math 2C: 710
(all are first times except math2c...i took that once as a sophomore...im retaking 2c in nov, plus literature)
oh yeah...rank....15 out of 500

with my schedule i have an "upward trend" meaning i took more and harder classes each year and still maintained grades

i got 4 b's in middle school (one in algebra 1 in 7th, 1 in biology honors in 8th, and 2 in geometry honors in 8th) so those bring down my GPA/rank a lot.....but i heard colleges dont even care about this

um......prez/vice prez (11/12) of japanese club, also founder

secretary of key club, plus a lot of volunteer hours from key club; chaired several projects and started up a bulletin

coprez/cofounder of writing group

csf......member and sealbearer if im active one more semester i think

cross country all 4 years, plus track 3 years (i havent had track yet this year), varsity track last year...i got most improved in cross country and a JV letter......our team is good....5th in CA so its hard to be var on our team

writing is my strong point and i have some awards for that

1st place poetry in arrowheads literary publication 2 years in a row
read one of my poems on the local tv station after a city contest
ncte writing award........uh we find out about this in a little while
english achievement award
writer for yearbook, student life section

my recs will be pretty darn good, and my essay (i wrote most of it) is pretty good and will get better

applying stanford EA
gonna try to use a writer/artistic hook (i've placed in a couple of painting contests as well)

also applyin yale, cornell, northwestern, cal, ucla, ucsd, and irvine as a back up

sorry about the length...thanks for reading

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page