What are some schools that i should apply to w/ this...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: What are some schools that i should apply to w/ this...
By Hmmmmm (Hmmmmm) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:34 pm: Edit

SAT I: 800 M, 670 V
SAT II: 800 Math IIC
670 Chem
630 Writing
GPA. 3.77/4
Course: The usual ap classes. Got math class at an university.
Activities/Specials
Not the best but sufficient.
President of Student Environmental Coalition
Play and organized chess tourneys, ranked nationally....
NHS,Spanish HS, 1st at some state math and science olympiad competitions, FBLA, etc.

I know my stats suck compared to a lot that are posted on this site but i find it hard to believe that some of you have all those "perfect" resumes and still say "oh i can't get into Harvard" If you can't then who can? Anyways, could you guys suggest some reach and match schools for me, especially ones good in engineering or medicine. Thanks alot!

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 11:42 pm: Edit

because they still won't get in.
Your class rank is why you will probably not get into the very top schools. Cornell onr of the best engineering schools and for you it shouldn't be THAT hard to get in. Try Northwestern, Jhu(it's super-competitive premed though), UMD - College Park where you will get into the honors program and you might even get into gemstone.

That's all i can think of right now. Go to review.com, the counselor-a-matic is surprisingly effective. I had about 5 schools in mind, filled the thing out and 4/5 were in the top 5 of my matches. Although that's inaccurate because those schools were definitely not matches, they were long reaches. still...

By Hmmmmm (Hmmmmm) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 08:10 pm: Edit

Thanks, i guess my topic wasn't very interesting :( Only got 1 reply. Oh well

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Definitely a math/computer/physics/engineering major. They will love your math scores. You might want to check out schools that are primarily liberal arts who are looking for that type like Wesleyan. There is a shortage of math/physics majors. Show some interest in the subject, attend some seminars, lectures, etc and make some mention how you enjoy them. Got to go against the grain.
For the very top schools, there are so many candidates who have a great class rank and are tops in both the verbal and math stats, you will have a tougher time. But there are plenty of good schools that will really be interested in you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page