My chances, My life!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: My chances, My life!!!
By 1q2w3e (1q2w3e) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 06:51 pm: Edit

I have a terrible problem, I think about going to a great college about every 2 seconds. I am only in 10th grade, and desire greatly to go to Harvard. I just wish I could know what my chances are. I already have about 34 units of college credit in community college with all A's and one B and one W.
I am hoping to take business and economy at Stanford next summer. Oh, by the way, I live in the valley SoCal. Here are my stats:
1. About 16 extracurriculars, 5 are leadership positions.
2. My GPA was a about a 4.0 for my freshman year, and this year, If I get straight A's will be a 4.9.
3. I am in the most advanced coursework path that my school has to offer to me. (Every AP except three and all honors.)
4. 34 units in Community College with a all A's and one B. Planning to take Stanford classes next Summer.
5. Practice SAT out of book- 1540 (with barely any study)
6. About two thousand hours in a Hospital ER. Have extreme, extreme interest in surgery. (read surgical books) have seen many surgeries performed.
7. Tennis, Baseball (Part of sixteen EC's
8. Hope to Start a club/fund for native Americans.
9. Half Persian, Half White.
10. Newspaper- Prod. Manager (only 10th grader with managerial position)
11. Started college when I was 12.
12. Catholic, Private School.

Please Help Me, and tell me my chances with Stanford, Harvard, etc. (Ivy leagues)
This is all I can think about.
Thankyou! Justin

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 08:20 pm: Edit

All you need to do is keep working hard and to make sure you don't get your heart too set on one school.

By 1q2w3e (1q2w3e) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

bump

By Seventoedsloth (Seventoedsloth) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

16 ECs is too many. I guess it is ok to keep doing them as long as you dont list them all. Colleges look for quality over quantity. Which clubs are you committed to? Take the SAT a couple of times before senior year.

By Whzup44412 (Whzup44412) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 08:59 pm: Edit

Wow, my suggestion would to live a more normal life. College isn't everything. I know graduates from the Ivies who've turned out to be jobless. My advice would to calm down and not worry about college admission. Concentrate on activities you love, not those you think you have to do for college. 2,000 hours at a hospital? That's insane. 34 Units in Community College and you're in tenth grade? You must come from a really pushy family.

By 1q2w3e (1q2w3e) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Actually no, My parents just encourage me to be what I want to be, but I think there tone would be different if I was a straight C student.

By Horseman (Horseman) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

1q2w3e (1q2w3e), u want to study business, and interested in surgery, holy crap! How the **** did u volunteer in the ER over 2000 ours already. I volunteered abput 250 hours, and people tell me that is alot. Also 16 clubs is too much, try to narrow it down to 4-5, and then the sports. Starting tat native american club would be a good idea. Don't do too many cc work, because when you want to transfer the credits, they might not let you transfer all the credits especially in a school like Harvard. I wish you the best of luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page