Chances at NYU/UCLA/UCSD/UCSB/CAL

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Chances at NYU/UCLA/UCSD/UCSB/CAL
By Greenmoo04 (Greenmoo04) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 01:01 am: Edit

Hi, I'm a Vietnamese senior from so cal wondering about my chances for NYU and those other UCs.

My school GPA is 3.54, Weighted is 4.16.
My UC GPA is 3.8. I'm not exactly sure about how NYU weighs grades. However, all my classes have been Honors/AP except for Physics this year. I passed World History and US History AP tests.

My SAT I is 1210 (620 V, 590M). SAT II 600 Writing, 620 IC, 630 USHIS (But NYU doesn't even require SAT IIs except maybe Writing, so would this help?)

I'm the founder of JSA chapter at my school, President of the chapter, Co-President of FBLA, Vice President of Conflict Resolution, a City of Torrance Youth Council Member. I've won a few literary awards for my writing. Nothing extraordinary. I wish to study business, but I realize how much harder it is to get into Stern, so I'll try the CAS first. For the UCs, I'll probably apply undeclared for now. Thanks for any comments!

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 04:35 am: Edit

You'll get into UCSB.. maybe UCSD.. NYU could be possible, Stern virtually impossible, UCLA and Cal are highly unlikeley..

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 09:01 am: Edit

California allows you to apply to multiple schools on one form so knock yourself out with it. Get a few safeties on there with good business programs since that is what you want. And then get cracking on the NYU ap. apply early if you can. Tell them you love them Fly in to visit if you can. You may want to look at Fordham and Hofstra as well as some other NY schools that are not so selective when you make this trip. Thye would be very interested in a Californian who is making this trip.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page