Rank on level of difficulty

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Rank on level of difficulty
By Peterkitts (Peterkitts) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Out of the following schools, put what you think is the most difficult to the least difficult to get admitted to.

Princeton, Harvard, Yale, MIT, CalTech, Stanford, Berkley, Columbia, and all the other ivys that i didn't mention

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:12 pm: Edit

depends on race and where you are and what you are strong at.

By Peterkitts (Peterkitts) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:13 pm: Edit

ok assuming all things equal then: white male; 1500 SAT, you know the rest, your typical genius

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

typical genius will get you into all schools with 0 diificulty

it doesnt matter anyways lol. just apply and youll find out. we are a bunch of high school seniors who are overly anxious about college

By Ksolo (Ksolo) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:42 pm: Edit

1. Princeton
2. MIT
3. Harvard
4. Yale
5. Stanford
6. Columbia
7. Berkley
8. CalTech

All of these schools have highly competitive admissions though. Sometimes it can depend on where you are, especially in cases for Princeton and Columbia. I know Princeton in particular is real picky about location.

Actually, a 1500 SAT doesn't guarantee admissions into prestigious institutions. It definitely helps, but you'd be surprised to find that many Ivies, and highly regarded non-Ivies, like Swarthmore, NYU, Notre Dame, Georgetown, etc, have rejected students with 1500+ SAT scores. You'll see 1500 students rejected, and then someone with a 1350 gets accepted! And vice-versa. So regardless of one's "genius" mind, make sure you stay humble when it comes to the application process.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:49 am: Edit

in general i'd go with

MIT
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Stanford
CalTech
Columbia (College)
BerkEley (that's how it's spelled)
Columbia (Engineering)

yep

By Alimshk (Alimshk) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 04:12 pm: Edit

Princeton
MIT
Harvard
Yale
Stanford
Columbia
CalTech
Berkeley

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page