I got a question bout usc

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: I got a question bout usc
By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

if my gpa for fresh and sophmore year is 3.4

and ill prolly have a 3.8 this year wat kinda SAT score shud i aim for to get ed to usc

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:09 pm: Edit

I had a 4.1 weighted gpa (I had 4 or 5 Bs I think overall) and a 1290 SAT and got into USC. My 1290 was below the average though. Remember- they take your highest verbal and highest math from all of your tests. Good luck!

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:11 pm: Edit

i dont kno wat i have weighted because my school doesnt weight them but outa 4.0 is 3.4 both years

and are u allowed to double majors in business and somthing other then business cz i heard at nyu u can only double major inside stern

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Well, I don't know anything about NYU, but at USC they actually encourage you to double major. You can win a huge scholarship for doing that.

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 10:01 pm: Edit

oh ok
wit like a 3.5 3.6 wat a good sat score to get ed and a brother that alumni

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

I have no idea what you were trying to say...

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:39 pm: Edit

if i have a gpa of a 3.5 or 3.6 wud i get in with a 1250 or does it have to be much higher

By Highschoolda (Highschoolda) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Try your best, get the heighest score possible. U can look at their average, but don't stress out, remember we can only do what we can do. Good luck.

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 02:05 am: Edit

It might be hard, but if you have good ECs and recommendation letters, it should help.

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 09:03 am: Edit

i have a friend (international applicant) who got into USC with a 1090 SAT I, and SAT II's no higher than 600. His EC's wasnt spectacular, but from what I've heard is that he wrote an awesome essay about how music (learning bass) influenced his ideals and his thinking.

However his roommate is from San Francisco and he told me that he got 1510 in his SAT and above 700's in all his 6 SAT II's.
USC is a little bit...erratic in their admissions process. So truthfully I wouldnt know what to recommend ya.

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 03:03 pm: Edit

i got good ecs esp a lot of hours of volunteering helping around in different things

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 03:06 pm: Edit

does it help that im from new jersey and there arent alot of ppl from nj ther

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

USC loves out-of-state students. Almost half of students are not from California.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page