Early Action?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Early Action?
By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 07:59 pm: Edit

I'm applying Early Action to Stanford.

I know the admission rates for Early Action is higher than the admission rates for regular action.

Is this because:

1. The school knows you'll attend if accepted, or

2. The applicant pool for Early Action is usually more qualified than the applicant pool for regular action...

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:28 pm: Edit

The first reason applies only for early decision, not early-action (early action is non-binding, so you aren't obligated to go). However, EA will probably still help you in that sense because it indicates a strong interest in the school, and in the case of Stanford (as well as Harvard and Yale), which has a single-choice EA policy, it still says that the school is your first choice and that you are likely to go if admitted. However, the 2nd reason is also valid; most EA applicants are the "cream of the crop", contributing to the high acceptance rate.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 09:23 pm: Edit

yeah it's both, but i'd say that the second is a little bit less valid, because LOTS of kids apply early because they're scared they won't get in otherwise. So it's hard to predict when you get better qualifies candidates. I'd go as far as say it can vary by school.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 01:18 pm: Edit

its a survey

and bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page