Which is tougher???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Which is tougher???
By Ja1470 (Ja1470) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

Applying early desicion, which is a tougher school to get into, Emory or NYU???

By Ksolo (Ksolo) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 11:32 am: Edit

That is a difficult question to answer well. Both Emory and NYU are very hard to get into. But with that said, NYU might be a tad bit more difficult because it receives many more applicants than Emory. On the other hand, it could be argued that Emory is a tad bit more difficult to gain entry since they accept fewer students, while NYU has more seats to offer. NYU's acceptance rate is around 25%, while Emory's is around 40%. In the end though, it's still really difficult to determine which is more difficult to get admittance into. The difficulty level is too close.

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Emory is easier to get into ED because many people use that as their safeties and I have heard about them getting pissed off about this. Haven't heard the same thing about NYU though. If you apply ED that shows them you WANT to go there and are not just using it as a safety, so I think that would be your best option.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 01:57 am: Edit

yeah i agree with cmaher, they have a REALLY REALLY low yield. That means that they HAVE to accept you ED if you're qualified. This is no prediction, a school with a very low yield has to accept many people ED, because that's some of the few people who will attend.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page