|By Bignick123 (Bignick123) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 10:38 am: Edit|
hey what's up guys, i'm looking to major in biomedical engineering or biochemical engineering. I like columbia but would i be applying to SEAS or the reg. college.
also where could i land a job with a bachelors in biomedical engineering or biochemical engineering.
what schools are reknowned for my intended major? Do i have a shot at MIT,CALTECH,columbia,nyu, fordham, other ivies for intended major.
SAT M 790
SAT V 720
GPA 3.9 unweighted 4.2 weighted
Writing - 720, chemistry-750,math-780, Spanish-710
Class Rank top 5 out of 344
2 AP'S in junior year
5 AP'S to be taken in senior year
Learned Basic Chem. in the summer before my junior year, passed final and went straight to AP chem.
1) Varsity Tennis Team (9-12)
2) Founder of Spelling Contest Club of America
- organized Spelling Bee for entering Freshman Classes
3) Woodbridge Township Ambulance and Rescue Squad
10-12, cadet, lieutenant of cadets in 10th, captain of cadets in 11th. EMT in 12th. 10hrs/week
4) Volunteer at local temple, 5 hrs a week.
Received community service award, and recipient of scholarship.
5)peer-leader/tuturer for math in high school
6) Chosen for Editor-in-Chief position of the school paper by teacher advisor based on the criteria for leadership, responsibility, dedication to club, ability to articulate and communicate effectively with peers, diligence and organization
7) Founder of "help the heart"
-Cpr trained some of the faculty, brought Red Cross CPR training to local schools.
- campaigned and fundraised money to buy a defibrillator and taught faculty how to use it.
|By Whzup44412 (Whzup44412) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 10:49 am: Edit|
Best Biomedical program in the country is at Johns Hopkins. It's hard to get into though. There's a separate admissions process after you're accepted in Johns Hopkins (e.i. you have to accepted into the major).
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|