IS THIS A VALID HOOK?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: IS THIS A VALID HOOK?
By Tbroiv (Tbroiv) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 12:13 am: Edit

Hey,

I was wondering what you guys thought about this. I know being an IB diploma cadnidate can help in getting into a top college. My case has a twist: I will in the first class of graduating seniors to earn the IB diploma in my High School. Also, my high school is the only one in my state that offers IB. Is this a hook? In your opinion, how far do you think it could get me in my application to Harvard, Stanford, or Univ. of Chicago?

My stats are posted on the 'What are my chances board' so just search for my name and click on 'Chances for Stanford EA' topic.

By Firedup17 (Firedup17) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 02:12 am: Edit

I think that this would be classified as more of an accomplishment than a hook.

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 06:31 am: Edit

A hook would be like being African-American or overcomming some great difficulty or caring for your dying mother and raising thousands of dollars for her treatment and to research about this disease or whatever or starting your own pretty successful business.. atleast for school's like Harvard or Stanford these things would be what a "hook" is.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 01:08 pm: Edit

haha one school with IB's? Which state is that? Idaho? Alaska? Montana?
Seriously no offense but BEING from a state like that is a hook.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page