Chances at Stanford, Northwestern, UChicago, and Yale

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Chances at Stanford, Northwestern, UChicago, and Yale
By Gladiator0489 (Gladiator0489) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:32 pm: Edit

Definitely my top choice is Stanford, but then again it's also a reach school for EVERYONE as is Yale and UChicago. My counselor said I had an excellent shot at Northwestern. I plan to major in psychology. But I would like to be evaluated on whether or not I would be admitted to the colleges I listed, and also if possible - can you name me some *match* colleges? Thanks! :-D

SAT I: Verbal 780 Math 750
SAT II: Mathematics IIC 730 Biology 770 Spanish Language 780 American History 760
Advanced Placement: Biology (5), English Literature (5), Spanish Language (4), History of Art (4), Psychology (5), Human Geography (5), European History (4), Calculus AB (4)
Ranking: 21 out of 288 at the #1 ranked high school in the state
Grade Point Average: (unweighted) 3.857 (weighted) 5.863

Extracurricular Activities (in order of importance)

Student Government: Grade 9 Freshman Class President; Grade 10 - Sophomore Class Senator (equivalent to Vice President); Grade 11 - Student Council Director of Public Relations and Junior Class President, Grade 12 Student Council Vice President and Senior Class Senator (equivalent to Vice President)
Board of Trustees: Senior Year Student Representative
(Major city) Public School system: Board of Education Student Member senior year
Key Club: Member, 4 years. Logged in 312 volunteer hours and counting
Service Society: Founder and Student Coordinator of the largest student-run volunteer organization project in the northside area of (major city). Has organized more than 290 students to help spend time doing recreational activities with the disabled and those terminally ill in nursing homes and hospitals in the area.
Indian/Desi Club: Founder. Grade 9 President. Grades 10 and 11 Director of Public Relations. Grade 12 President.
People Rising in Support of Multiculturalism (PRISM)/Ethnic Club: Member, 4 years.
Hoof Beat school newspaper: Grades 9 and 10: News Reporter. Grade 11: Features Editor. Grade 12: Editor-in-chief.
Drama Club: Walter, fall 2003 production of Raisin in the Sun. And 4 more other productions and an ensemble member at a nationally recognized theatre company.
Asian Club: 4-year member, Vice President senior year
Crew/Rowing: Started the Crew Club, which evolved into an interscholastic sport in the school athletic department. Varsity lettered in crew, Grade 12.
National Honor Society: 3-year member.
Math Team: 4-year member.

Thanks, once again!

By Gladiator0489 (Gladiator0489) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:03 pm: Edit

B
U
M
P

Also, what about Harvard early?

By Gladiator0489 (Gladiator0489) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 02:10 am: Edit

BUMP!! BUMP!! BUMP!! //lol]

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page