CAN I GET INTO EMORY ED?!?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: CAN I GET INTO EMORY ED?!?
By Ja1470 (Ja1470) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:09 am: Edit

Tenafly High School
SAT 1350
math 740
verbal 610
GPA : 3.65 (weighted)
Top 25% of my class
Have taken a couple of honors classes every year. This year I am taking AP stat and AP calc.
Only been in a couple of clubs but have high positions
Have held down a couple of jobs
Studied at University of Seville for a summer (6 credits)
Shown tremendous interest in Emory as my number one choice by visiting, contacting, and going to college fairs at my school.
I am planning on applying early desicion 1, do i have a shot???

By Giants (Giants) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:19 am: Edit

I'm in my first year at Emory, and I think you have a fair chance. Your SAT and GPA are slightly below average, but the ED acceptance rate is something like 65 or 66 percent so that could help push you over the top. Best of luck to you.

By Horseman (Horseman) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:29 am: Edit

Heyyour from Tenafly Highschool, I assume that is the one from NJ. You'll definately get in, your sat scores fit into there average, the less clubs u show the better chance you have , you rgpa is kinda average for them, but ed will dedinately raise your chances! Best of luck :)

By Hsimpson2k4 (Hsimpson2k4) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 12:20 pm: Edit

I'm from Ramsey. Does Tenafly have a tremendous repuation or is it just because we're in Bergen County?

By Ja1470 (Ja1470) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 03:01 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page