Brown ED Chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Brown ED Chances?
By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Im a senior at a very small Catholic High School in rural Alabama. I am ranked number one (3.97 unwieghted gpa ) in my class and have a 30 ACT composite. I am first chair flute in the band and have taught private lesson and I attend many different honor band festivals. I was varsity captain of my schools basketball team and have been on both varsity basketball and softball teams since 9th grade.I won YMCA states in two event in swimming . I have attended the National Youth Leadership forum on medicine and currently serve as a teen ambassador to NYLF. I have been on SGA for three years and I am secretary for my schools Beta Club. During the summer I also work 30-40 hrs a week as a lifegaurd and swimming instructor. I also voulenteer for the American Red Cross and a local hospital. I am also published for two ariticles I wrote on abortion and my views(not so nice so of course it was edited)on Catholic education. This past summer I took a three week course at Brown and absolutely fell in love with the university.I recived a very good evaluation for this course. I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me my chances of ED acceptance. I am neither a minority nor from a low income family.

By Serdu (Serdu) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

Well, It seems that your scores need to raise. It also sounds like you are the most active/talented individual in your school. You and I are in very similar situations. You EC's are VERY dedicated, which is great as is the recognition you've earned for it. The fact that you've attended the school is a big help, it shows initiative and interest. I say you have a superb chance, esp. if you raise the ACT. Alabama is quite an underrepresented state.

Will you evaluate me? My thread is " PLEASE HELP (I need answers)

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 04:34 pm: Edit

oh yeah i forgot to mention.. my school is so small it doesn't offer ap classes rather they just use college textbooks for some of our senior courses we do have honors math though. i really hope they will take into consideration i live in a very rural area whose public school are the worst in the state, a state ranked 47th in eudcation in the nation.

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

bump

By Sw4y (Sw4y) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

i think you have a really good shot because you are a girl from alabama. i was just over brown yesterday partying with my friends on campus. the parties are outrageously good there. the one i went to was in the french themed house and there were well over 150 ppl. 2 live dj's and a big sized dance floor. college girls were unbelieveablely easy considering i didnt have to approach any to start grinding they just came to me. maybe if i appraoched some of them i could have danced with more than 6 girls. oh yea i must add brown sleeps at 3 am. night life begins at 12 pm. and they wake up at 11 am.

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 10:41 am: Edit

gee um thanks for the vote of confidence and uh congrats on your success i think

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

anyone??? please...

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 07:57 pm: Edit

bump....and please excuse the grammatical errors

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page