Transfering to an Ivy Leauge School

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Transfering to an Ivy Leauge School
By Matlm (Matlm) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit

I missed most of 9th and 10th grade because I was battling a tough deppression. I did okay in 11th grade. If I were to ace senior year, and then go onto college and ace a year and a half, would I be able to then transfer to an Ivy league school?

My sats are in the high 1400's.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 12:19 am: Edit

why do you want to transfer into an ivy league school? You could make your life MUCH easier by just going there for grad school.
But to answer your question: Not likely. I don't know much about transfer but i know that getting in is very tough because of the high retention(return?) rate at those schools. There are few slots and chances are there are better candidates out there. So probably no, and i don't think that's too much of a loss, assuming you just wanna go to an ivy league school. If you plan to attend grad school, then transfering after 2 years is pointless because you will miss out on much what college is about - friends and fun.

That's what i think, but i don't know crap about transfer, i do, however know that going to an ivy league school at any cost isn't worth it.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 01:08 pm: Edit

anyone else?

By Jaybert (Jaybert) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 02:28 pm: Edit

I transfered to an ivy league school after a couple years. I went from Rochester Institute of Technology >> Cornell.

Your grades in high school are not as important those in college for transfer. If you do very well in college and have good recs from your college professors, you have a chance of transfering. Of course, it's still really hard to transfer, probably just as hard if not harder than as an incoming freshman.

"That's what i think, but i don't know crap about transfer, i do, however know that going to an ivy league school at any cost isn't worth it."

I'm not exactly sure what that means. Are you saying ivy league schools aren't worth it regardless? Or are you saying that you shouldnt kill yourself to get into an ivy league school? If you're saying the latter, I would agree with you. I could of been perfectly happy if I continued at RIT, but since i was accepted into Cornell, I went ahead and transfered.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

I see. does anyone else care to comment?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page