Laid Back Students

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Laid Back Students
By Chadwilsonx (Chadwilsonx) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

Does anyone know of any colleges where kids are smart, and are hardworking, however they are laid back in the sense that they don't necessarily care about getting an A+ but more about learning the material really well? I don't know why but I got the impression of the students of Bucknell as being like that, please share your opinion.

By Quakerboy2 (Quakerboy2) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Um...MIT? Only because it's impossible to get an A?

I don't really know what you mean by laidback and hardworking? At MIT, everybody works hard, works together, wants to learn, but people don't expect A+`s because they are very rare. That's my take, but that may not be what you're looking for.

By Interested123 (Interested123) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

I hear Stanford is really laid back.

By Collegebnd (Collegebnd) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Colleges that don't give grades (only written evaluations) are like that... You might want to try Reed- the students have a crazy amont of work, but since they only get written evaluations, they're not working for an A or A+.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

A friend who taught at Carleton in Minnesota described the students there in just those terms:
interested in learning but pretty laid back.

By Sarbear (Sarbear) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 02:54 am: Edit

Swarthmore

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page