Lawrence U/Beloit/Knox/Reed/Wooster

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Lawrence U/Beloit/Knox/Reed/Wooster
By Kad (Kad) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

What do you think are my chances at these schools?

I'm ranked in the top 26%. 3.2 GPA. Drastic increase in my GPA, sophmore year I got between 2 and 2.5 both semesters. Did much better Junior year.

While I'm not taking the hardest courseload possible, I'm in about the top 15% as far as hard classes go. I jumped up a level in every class between junior and senior year.

ACT: 30.

I'm not big on ECs. Both freshman and sophmore year I worked a lot because my family was very very broke. In any spare time I'd read books or write stories and poems. I've read more and know more about literature and philosophy than any other junior at my school.

My recommendations are good. Both teachers know me very well and noticed the drastic change in my motivation and work ethic.

My intended major is Philosophy, if that matters any.

I was planning on applying to Reed ED, but location and financial aid are both pretty big factors, so I've decided against it.

Thanks for your assessment :)

By Kad (Kad) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 04:24 pm: Edit

bump like whoah.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:30 pm: Edit

Beloit, Wooster and Knox are probably matches for you. Reed and Lawrence may be reaches, especially Reed because their application numbers are steadily rising each year. I'd suggest you add one or two safeties to your list just in case.
Suggestions: Albion, Alma, Hiram, Hendrix.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page