How do i get into penn state

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: How do i get into penn state
By Humble_Genius (Humble_Genius) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 09:15 am: Edit

i live in australia and am currently in the first year of a mechanical engineering course at the university of newcastle. I have a HD average for it so far. My dad got a job in michigan and i am moving there with him, so i would like to get into some top uni, and i hear penn state is good, how do i do it?

By Asallan (Asallan) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Penn State is not terribly difficult to get into. Even University Park is not a big stretch, as long as you're a good student and do well on standaradized testing. I don't know what you would have to do in Australia, but for the US, I'd say an B+ to A+ GPA is about the right range to be very competitive to start at U. Park. SATs are 1090-1300.

It is a good school, and fantastic for engineering, so provided your math and science are in check, it'd probably be a snap. If you're moving to Michigan, U of M is also a good school (and our high school QB is going there). But yeah, PSU is a good school. If you're really competitive, around a 1400 SAT range, Shreyer Honors College is a dream. That's about Ivy quality at a great price and a really diverse campus. Plus, the Creamery on campus has the best ice cream in America, bar none! :)

And PSU loves athletes, even though we are having a crappy football season. If you've participated in a sport, they'll love that. Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page