Rigorous Courses in HighSchool for HARVARD, PRINCETON, etc

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Rigorous Courses in HighSchool for HARVARD, PRINCETON, etc
By Mx18d2 (Mx18d2) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Hi I am a sophmore in high school where I had to take a test to get in. I have been doing some internet search on the Harvard University's website. They expect their prospective students to have done rigorous courses during their high school years.

Harvard expects :
1) 4 Years of English
2) 4 Years of Math
3) 4 Years of Foreign Language
4) 4 Years of Science (Bio, Chem, Phys, AP)
5) 3 Years of History

In my schedule for high school :
1) 4 years of Math
(Alg 2-Analysis 1-Analysis 2-Calculus and AP)
2) 4 years of English
(AmericanLit 1- AmericanLit 2- WorldLit 1- WorldLit 2)
3) 4 years of Science
(Honors Bio, Honors Chem, Honors Phys, AP)
4) 4 years of Foreign Language (French)
(Honors French 2, Honors French 3, Honors French 4, Electives Literature options)
5) 3 Years of History
(American History 1, American History 2, World Studies, Electives Available)

Currently, I will be taking PSAT this year and next year, including the SAT 1 and 2. I am striving for 1400 +.

I am currently doing - Model UN, Future Buisness Leaders of America, Student Council (VP), Cross Country, Track later to come in the spring, and done many extra curriculars outside of school and continuing to do more.

Do i look good at the moment? Can you give me a lot of tips in order for me to get into HARVARD, PRINCETON, COLUMBIA, CORNELL, AND ALL OTHER IVYS, INCLUDING STANFORD?

By Mx18d2 (Mx18d2) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 07:58 pm: Edit

not to mention ive gotten many awards for excellence in all subjects.. such as bio, history, honor roll of the year, etc..

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 08:30 pm: Edit

it really doesn't matter. What they expect often differs and i don't think they care. Of course i may be wrong and then they'll reject you only because you didn't follow their directions. But i'm never wrong...so make your own conclusions.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page