UC Out of State

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: UC Out of State
By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:58 pm: Edit

How much harder is it to get into UC Berkeley, UCLA, or UCSD if you're not a resident? My concise stats are the following btw:

3.9 Non Weighted GPA (10.6% of class)
4.3 Weighted GPA (5.3% of class)
1360 SAT (retaking) /32 ACT
800 SAT II Chem, 760 SAT II History, Writing & Math TBA
Avg Extracurriculars (nothing esp noteworthy)
Avg Comm Service (Will prob accmulate to 100hr im hoping)
20hr/week job held for over a year

I know my stats aren't that great but what are the chances with that if I was a Cali Resident and if I'm not a cali resident (which I'm not, but my dad (not legal guardian) is resident there.. does that matter at all?).

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:02 am: Edit

wow 10.6% have higher than 3.9 UW in your school?

Anyways I think you will get in, unless that rank is not flawed.. If there are like a hundred people with 4.0s.. and fifty with higher weighted gpas than you and they are also applying, I think you will have a problem.

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Yea my school's an above-average typical suburban high school. 3 Bs dropped me down by that much. Do you think I can get into all of those three?

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 04:27 pm: Edit

hey check out my other topic called

All right guys: Rate my chances

Feedback is greatly appreciated... thanks!

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 04:42 pm: Edit

I'm 37/397 unweighted and 19/397 weighted, so my percents are slightly better (I calculated my class size to be 349 in above figures). But yes our school is a above average school but theres alot of kids who try really hard and are smart (we have like 10 nms this year I think... and I'm not one fo them)

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 05:33 pm: Edit

just wondering how did u manage to pull off an 800 in sat ii chem.i m taking it in october........any advices for me??

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:42 am: Edit

Well...

1. I'm good at Math/Science (although I only got 4 on AP Chem Test)
2. I took the SAT II Chem right after I took AP Chem (It was the June Test Date I think)
3. Basically having knowlege in AP Chem is good, but if you don't its still ok. I got Princeton Review's SAT II Chem book and it is good if you're not looking for a lesson in Chemistry but just a lesson on what the test tests on.
4. Barrons is more thorough and covers chemistry in general, but it takes too long to read and is boring.
5. If you know everything in the chemistry course, your score will vary based on a few questions on the random stuff (like what color blah changes to when reacted with a blah solution).

Good luck. I'm taking IIC and Writing on that date too.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page