What are my chances at U MICH

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: What are my chances at U MICH
By Sprite888 (Sprite888) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:03 pm: Edit

here are my stats
1570 on the SAT 1's -(first try) 800-v 770-m
SAT II's math IIc- 760, Physics 740, writing- 800, Us History- 730
rank third in class of 180, dont know my GPA but i get straight A's, and take all honors level or Ap level courses.
Im captain of three varsity sports (baseball, Ice Hockey and Soccer)- lettered four years in two of them, three in the other
Ec's
- did habitat 4 humanity- am the club president 4 habitat
- coached youth hockey for 3 seasons
- worked at local church for approx 100 hours a year
- am the editor for the school sports newspaper
- took classes at different colleges over the summer, Michigan ST and U Mich- got recommendations
- held a job for 40 hrs a week over the summer as well

Mich is my dream school, im from central michigan and am hispanic, what are my chances? please be nice

By Wobudong (Wobudong) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:05 pm: Edit

Pack your long johns. You're going to Ann Arbor.

By Sprite888 (Sprite888) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:21 pm: Edit

thank you, that puts my mind at ease, out of curiosity are there any other schools i should look at

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:50 pm: Edit

you'll get in. michigan is the best school for your $$, but you should consider other schools just in case

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Heh, you'd probably make it as a out-of-state Caucasian; they'll likely be dumping money on you. And we can have no idea what you should look at unless you say what you're looking *for*. :)

By Sprite888 (Sprite888) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

i want to go to a place that stresses writing, history and creative thinking. Though on paper im a good math and science student, i really dont enjoy those subjects all that much. maybe a school smaller than michigan, though ive wanted to go there forever, it is a scary thought that there will be thousands of people in my class instead of 180. an suggestions- as u can probally tell im not very well informed on the whole college thing

By Sac (Sac) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:41 pm: Edit

U of Chicago? Northwestern? Carleton? (some great midwestern schools)

By Liljay (Liljay) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 06:09 pm: Edit

How do you live in michigan and not know that your a lock? with a 1570 and everything else, plus URM, I dont think you have a problem but don't go asking people that anymore. especially anyone in michigan because it's very naive and doesnt sound like it is coming from a 1570 student.

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Go to harvard, you will get into any school you want to.

By Alimshk (Alimshk) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Umm, Sprite888, unless the mailman takes a •••• all over your application while delivering it to the school thereby making it illegible, you are guaranteed in the U of Michigan. Heck, I'd say you're guaranteed into Harvard. I agree w/ Liljay. It's almost naive of you to even post this. You shuld have the sense to know you'll get in. I'm beginning to question the validity of your stats . . .

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page