Longshot...but could I get into Brown???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Longshot...but could I get into Brown???
By Danoeire (Danoeire) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 09:52 pm: Edit

My dream school is Brown, but i'm fairly sure that i probably couldn't get in. Right now i'm a junior, here are my stats:

GPA: 4.0(wieghted, unweighted= 3.96ish), senior year will probably be around 4.2ish
SATs: will be around 1350ish, took a practice but not the real thing.
ACTs: haven't taken 'em.
SAT IIs: havent yet, but I will in math, writing, and probably french. will score in the high 700s most likely.

ECs: co-president of french club, co-presiednt of the honors irish student union, member of sunday sandwiches, was on the basketball team, now on the golf team, did odyssey of the mind (OM), peer-tutor. 150+ hrs. of community service.

senior year schedule: AP english, AP calculus AB, AP French, AP environmental science, spanish 4, and civics+economics. This year i'm taking: spanish 3, french 4, junior english, chemistry, US history, and philosophy at a nearby college which counts as AP philosophy. im probably in the top 20% of my grade, not sure.

Brown is a big stretch, but do I have any chance of getting in??? What can I do that will improve my chances/ will make me stand out??? if not brown, any advice on other good schools?

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:41 pm: Edit

If your grades stay good, you get 750+ SAT IIs, and you get your SAT around 1450+, objectively you will be in the ballpark. It's a reach, but you should try!

By Dreadpirate (Dreadpirate) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 04:35 pm: Edit

Brown takes lots of people with your kind of stats if you apply ED. Brown also rejects a lot of people with 1580-1600 and equally high SAT 2's who apply RD, and who are accepted to HYP, Duke, Rice, Stanford, and the like. Apparently it is very important to convince the adcom that Brown is your first choice.

By Calidan (Calidan) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

brown seems kinda difficult, but you should at least try.

By Danoeire (Danoeire) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

is there anything else i can do that would increase my chances of getting in?

By Danoeire (Danoeire) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

ANYONE?? please? : )

By Danoeire (Danoeire) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:45 am: Edit

suggestions, anyone?

By Danoeire (Danoeire) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 08:49 pm: Edit

bump

By Dmitrypetrovna (Dmitrypetrovna) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 08:59 pm: Edit

I'd say improve your grades, and by that I mean try to get higher than top 20% of your class. That is probably your weakest piece. Grades outweigh SATs and stuff by so much.

By Danoeire (Danoeire) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 11:14 pm: Edit

thanks... anyone else?

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 12:45 pm: Edit

id say try to improve your grades and you would proably really improve your chances if you applied ed but browns ed is binding and the deadline is nov 1. we seem to be in similar boats will you tell me if you think i have a chance? I am Brown ED Chances?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page